in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: Keep Me by Faith Andrews


I have to admit what really drew me to this book besides the fact that this one was about a sexy and tatted underwear model was the fact that it was a bit of a different twist on one of my favorite tropes. I loved that this one was about a girl and her best friend's little brother, because you don't often see it when the heroine is older and the hero is the younger one. This is the second book I have read by Faith Andrews, and I have really come to like her writing style. She has a way of creating these characters that are multi-faceted and are always so much more than you first see or think. I really liked getting to know Marcus and Tessa in this one, and I liked their story a lot.

Tessa is not looking for a relationship or love, but she is trying to get her life back on track. She is a single mother that needs to provide for her son Luca, and gets a job at a local talent company. On her first day she ends up running into the sexy and tatted Marcus Grayson who is represented by her company and is also her friend Riley's little brother. Marcus is no longer the nerdy little brother she remembers though that would do just about anything to make her laugh. The attraction between them is instant, but Marcus is the last thing she needs. Marcus is a self proclaimed manwhore and has never been looking for a future with one girl and a family. But as Tessa and Marcus get reacquainted, Marcus begins to see how special Tessa is and she is all he can think about. Proving to her that he has changed and that things are different though is not easily done, and he has to prove himself to more than just Tessa. Can Marcus convince Tessa that he is worth taking a chance on and what will happen when Tessa's past comes back suddenly?

I liked Marcus. Honestly even from the start with his cocky manwhore ways, I knew I was going to be rooting for him! He was so funny and I loved how he was honest and upfront and didn't take himself too seriously. He was quick witted and I loved the bit of snark he had constantly. But I also loved the softer side of him as well. He was really determined to be the man for Tessa and her son Luca. He was patient and kind and treated her like she was special. I also like that once he knew he really wanted Tessa that he didn't have a problem giving up his sleeping around and casual sex ways. He didn't miss it or struggle with it because he knew that Tessa was worth so much more. I also like how he went to his friend Beck for advice and wasn't afraid to get some crap after everything he had said to his friend about settling down. I liked Tessa, and yet there were times that she really annoyed me. She was strong and a survivor and I loved how committed she was to her child. I also understand that she had been through so much more than anyone should ever have to go through and because of that she had some issues. However the constant push and pull with Marcus started to get on my nerves. He was really trying and she seemed to not really care about that at times. She also let others get into her head way too easily. I really didn't like the fact that she let Riley convince her that she wasn't special and was just a conquest to Marcus. I wish she would have had a bit more faith in him from the start. I did think that they had some great chemistry together, and I also loved that they had known each other for so long and had a history. It made their connection and bond seem that much stronger.

Besides the issues I had with Tessa, her friend and Marcus's sister Riley really got on my nerves. I realize that she knew Marcus well and had lost friends in the past because of him. But she was really judgmental and pushy when it came to keeping him and Tessa apart and she was pretty much a royal bitch to both of them about it. I didn't like that she was so blinded by his past that she would treat them both that way and punish them because of it. I also felt like the middle of this book was a little slow. I loved the beginning, but the middle sort of started to drag and it felt a bit slow. The end did pick up though and I liked how things turned out. I really did enjoy this story though, and I have really come to like Faith Andrews and her characters. I can't wait to read more from her in the future. I would recommend this story to those that are looking for a good contemporary read with some steamy hot scenes. Keep Me was well written and was a journey from beginning to end of two people both overcoming their pasts and moving forward with their lives. I loved that they grew both individually and as a couple and that they were really committed to figuring out how to merge their complicated lives together. This book shows that love will always find a way even if at times it seems impossible.

**Copy provide by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment