in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

ARC Review: Point of Redemption by Stacey Lynn


Point of Redemption is the second book in the Nordic Lords MC series by Stacey Lynn, but this book can be read as a standalone. I would suggest reading these in order though as the overall story continues from book to book and you really get to see how things progress with not only the couples, but the club in general. It isn't necessary though and you can still understand everything you need to in order to enjoy this book without having read Point of Return. I will admit that after reading the first book in this series I was really looking forward to Ryker's story, but I was a bit worried after I had some issues with the first one. This book was much better in my opinion though than the first book and I really ended up enjoying the story.

When his brother Daemon calls needing his help, Ryker heads back home after being gone for five years. Ryker hasn't seen his brother or the town they grew up in since the night everything went bad for them. Ryker has spent the last five years distancing himself from the club and dealing with the guilt from what happened that night, but he never forgot the girl that he loved even if she betrayed him. Upon arriving back in town, Ryker finds out that Faith has been living in a hell of her own since he left and has been forced into a life with the enemy. Ryker sets out to rescue Faith while helping his brother and the club out. When things take a turn for the worst, Ryker must balance his commitments back in New Orleans while also dealing with everything in Jasper Bay. Can Ryker get Faith back and show her that they can still have the life they dreamed of together even if they are different than they used to be? Or will there have been too much damage done to move forward together?

I liked Ryker a lot in Point of Return, and I loved him even more in this book. He was a really great guy and he took care of those that he cared about. I liked that he was an alpha that wanted to protect and claim his girl, but he wasn't a jerk or overly controlling. Ryker had a ton of guilt from not only what had happened with his father, but also with his friend in New Orleans. I felt so bad for him, and it was good to see him start to heal and realize that he wasn't to blame for everything that had happened. I also liked Faith a lot. I felt like we didn't really get to know much about her in Point of Return, so it was really nice to learn more about her. She had been through a lot as well, and despite everything that she had been through she was so strong. She sacrificed so much of herself for her mom when her mom didn't deserve any of it. It really showed how great she was and that she was really loyal. I liked that Faith was able to see that Ryker had made mistakes in the past, but that she understood what had happened and didn't blame him. Ryker and Faith had a lot of chemistry and attraction, but they also had such a strong emotional connection that time and distance hadn't changed. You could really see the love between them and I was glad that they were able to move forward after everything that could have come between them.

Overall, I thought that this book was really good. In my opinion this book was a lot better than the first book, and I felt like the story was really true to the characters in this one. I thought that Ryker and Faith belonged together, and it was good to see them find their way back to each other. I felt like there were a few times in this story that were a bit slow though, and I kept waiting for things to pick up. But I thought that the relationship between Ryker and Faith was really well done and kept my my interest even through the slower parts. I am liking this series, and I am really curious about what will happen next after the ending of this book. I thought that the ending did a great job of setting up interest for one of the characters that we met in this story, and I can't wait to get to know her better. I would recommend this series to fans of MC romance books, and I think that a lot of NA fans will really enjoy these stories. I can't wait to read the next book in the series, and I look forward to reading more from Stacey Lynn in the future.

**ARC Provided by Between the Sheets Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon |





0 comments :

Post a Comment