A life-long lover of stories and adventure, it was either become a stuntwoman for the movies or live out those adventures from the safety of her PJ's and computer. Award-winning author, Robyn DeHart chose the latter and couldn't be happier for doing so. Known for her unique plotlines and authentic characters, Robyn is a favorite among readers and reviewers. Publishers' Weekly claims her books as "sizzling romance" while the Chicago Tribune dubs her "wonderfully entertaining." Robyn is an award-winning author as well as being a four-time RT Bookclub Reviewers' Choice award nominee, and a three-time RomCon Reader's Crown nominee. Look for Robyn's new trilogy on forbidden love coming from Entangled: A Little Bit Wicked (fall 2012), A Little Bit Sinful (spring 2013) and A Little Bit Scandalous (summer 2013). Also in 2013, she'll launch a new historical romantic suspense series with NAL, the first in the series is The Secrets of Mia Danvers (2013). Robyn lives in Texas with her brainy husband, two precocious little girls and two spoiled cats.
Find Robyn at:
Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Romance Novels
5. You can find something to hit your mood, whether you want gritty romantic suspense with some police procedural stuff, sweet southern romance full of charm and family values, or sweeping historicals that bring you to another place and time – a time where chivalry is very much still alive.
4. Romance novels are well written. Romance writers are among the smartest people I know and they’re just damn good storytellers.
3. The emotion. Romance novels are emotional books, be it laugh out loud funny or crawl under your covers scary, they get your heart pumping and keep you glued to the pages.
2. I write them. I love reading them, but I love writing them too. I love being able to create a world where the bad guy gets punished and the geeky girl gets the hot guy. I love writing about smart women and equally smart men and the push and pull of their attraction as they fall in love.
1. And the #1 reason I love romance novels is because I love falling in love. I loved falling in love with my husband and I get to relive those intoxicating feelings anytime I open a romance novel. Frankly a good romance novel will give you endorphin's better than chocolate…
When Winifred is rescued from her snow-stranded carriage by the notorious and reclusive Alistair, Marquess of Coventry, she is instantly drawn to him. Jilted by her betrothed and socially ruined by untrue rumors, Winifred is tired of paying for crimes she didn't commit and decides to play the seductress London society claims she is. Thinking a night of passion shouldn't leave any lasting effects, she instead finds her heart marked forever.
Six years later, Alistair is working for the Regent as a spy. A search for Napoleon's English supporters leads him to the beguiling Winifred, recently widowed with a young son. He hasn't forgotten how the unconventional beauty warmed his bed, and the heat between them rekindles immediately. The spymaster is determined to uncover all of plucky Winifred's secrets. Especially the one regarding her son...
Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |
Check out the Masquerading Mistresses series:
She watched his methodical movements. He'd unroll a map, glance over it, and either make a note in a second notebook or return the map to its previous place.
He seemed to not be bothered by her presence, nor did he attempt to include her in his work. After an hour, he set down his quill and met her gaze.
“I should like to have an affair with you.”
“I beg your pardon?” Her heart thundered in her ears.
“We are well suited in the bedroom, if you recall. And we are both unattached now. You certainly have no need to be concerned of your reputation. Not that you ever were. It is logical.”
She frowned and felt the weight of her brow as it furrowed above her eyes. “I don't believe logic plays a part in matters of the heart.”
“I am not speaking of the heart. Merely of a carnal relationship. As we had before, as you once suggested.”
He tossed her own words back at her and she winced.
“I know you still feel desire toward me. I felt that in your kiss yesterday.”
Winifred stared openly at him. He was quite serious, she knew that. Alistair was not one for jests. In fact, she wasn't altogether certain he had a sense of humor. She ignored her body's reaction to his shocking request. She wanted him, and the mere glance of his eyes lingering at her cleavage had her breathing short. The desire was there, and of course Alistair knew. He'd always been able to see that in her.
Finally, he nodded. “You obviously need time to consider.”
“Alistair, we cannot have an affair.”
“Of course we can. If we can pretend to be betrothed, we can have an affair.”
“It is not that simple.”
“It is actually quite simple.” He gathered his materials and stood. “I believe you know where I reside. We shall dine tonight at eight.”
Check out what's up for grabs.
- 3 eBook copies of No Ordinary Mistress
- Please leave a comment or question for Robyn.
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Robyn DeHart for sponsoring this giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway