in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ARC Review: This Summer by Katlyn Duncan


This Summer is an enjoyable young adult contemporary book from Katlyn Duncan. This is the first book I have ever read by Katlyn Duncan, and I liked it. I thought that it was a really cute story and would make a great beach read. I did have a few issues with it, but I thought that overall it was pretty good. I will look for more from Katlyn Duncan in the future.

The last summer before Hadley heads to college she is determined to make the best of it with her best friend Lily. They are both working at a summer camp that Hadley's dad runs, and Hadley is expecting to have some drama since she is supposed to be working with her ex-boyfriend that she just broke up with. Carter has been sending her messages and trying to get back together, but Hadley knows that they would have to break up soon anyway because she will be heading to NYC for college and the distance is too far. When Hadley finds out that Carter asked to be reassigned so that he is no longer her partner, Hadley is shocked to find out that her crush and the guy that broke her heart when he left town without a word two years before is now back and will be her partner for the summer. While Will deals with selling his family's home and working with Hadley for the summer, the two realize that the two years apart didn't change much between them. They were best friends before, and on the night that Will left their friendship had started to change into more. They both still like each other and want more, but will they be able to make it through the summer without getting their hearts broken?

I really liked Will and Hadley. I thought that they both had a lot of growing up to do, and they acted immature at times. But honestly that was just their age and it didn't bother me that much. I thought that Will was sweet and was a really great guy. He worked so hard to help out his family, and he had been through a lot at a really young age. He really cared for Hadley, and I loved that they had a history together. Hadley was great also, and I really liked her personality. She was great with the kids that she worked with, and I thought that she seemed to have a pretty great head on her shoulders for such a young age even with the brief moments of immaturity. I liked that she didn't lead Carter on and that she had always been honest with him about her feelings for Will. I thought that Will and Hadley had a ton of chemistry and were really great together. They had such a great foundation for a relationship because of their long time friendship.

Overall, this book was really cute and I liked Will and Hadley a lot. But I have to say that I really did not like the best friend Lily. I thought that she was pushy and I didn't like her personality at all. She also did something that I thought was really horrible and then proceeded to blame it all on Hadley pretty much. The fact that Hadley then apologized and took part of the blame for it I thought was awful. It really irritated me, and it was hard to get over it. I think that this was a good story and that young adult fans will enjoy this book. I will say that while this one was enjoyable, it wasn't anything really new or different. It was a bit predictable, but I did enjoy the friends to lovers trope and it was good because of the characters. I liked Katlyn Duncan's writing style, and I thought that it was a light and easy read.

**ARC Provided by Rockstar Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment