in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 17, 2014

ARC Review: Tug by K.J. Bell


Tug is the first book that I have read by K.J. Bell, and I really enjoyed this story. When I first started this book, I thought that it was a standalone. I had no idea that Tug was actually a character from some of her previous books, and I felt like I had missed something. There seemed to be a whole lot of back-story between the characters and I quickly realized that there was a lot of history and drama that I had missed out on. I will say that you do not have to have read those books to understand this story or get into it, but after reading Tug I can't wait to go back and read those books. I really want to see how these characters ended up where they were at the start of this story.

Aidan "Tug" Hunter is heartbroken after losing the only girl that he has ever loved to his brother. She is pregnant with his child and they are getting married. Tug fills his time with drinking and parties and as many casual flings with women as he can. He meets Maria and they immediately get off on the wrong foot. But Tug is attracted to her and is determined to have her. Maria resists, but Tug isn't giving up. When Tug and the rest of the guys go to his brother's bachelor party at a strip club, Tug is surprised to find Maria working there. He buys a night with her and is determined to finally hook up with her. Maria works to be able to support her son and her grandpa who suffers from Alzheimer's. Maria and Tug's night ends dramatically as everything in their relationship has been so far. Maria is ready to completely forget Tug and move on, but Tug isn't ready to give up. The longer that time goes on, Maria and Tug begin to finally be on the same page and agree to see where their feelings go and give things a chance. But Maria's past resurfaces and threatens everything. As Tug works to take care of ensuring Maria and her son's future, things quickly go from bad to worse leaving things more up in the air than ever.

I had moments where I liked and disliked both Tug and Maria. They both had their childish moments where they acted immaturely and did things before thinking them through. I thought that Maria had a lot of moments where she jumped to conclusions and should have taken the time to actually listen and see what was going. But I thought that she was very dedicated to her family and her son was really important to her. She also didn't let Tug get away with his normal crap, and she kept him on his toes. Tug made a lot of mistakes and screwed things up several times. But he was always ready to make things right and he never gave up. He was sweet and thoughtful and I loved that he was always trying to do whatever he could to take care of those that he cared about. He might have gone about it the wrong way at times, but he always had good intentions. I thought that Maria and Tug had great chemistry, and I was really glad that we got both of their POVs so that we could see how their feelings were developing. It didn't happen instantly, and that is what made their relationship so real.

I will admit that I don't know what Tori was like in the previous stories, but I really didn't like her in this one. She drove me absolutely nuts, and I couldn't believe everything that she did in this book. I will also say that I wasn't expecting this to be a cliffhanger since I thought it was a standalone. I was absolutely shocked to reach the end and be left hanging. I honestly still have no idea what just happened, and I need to know what is going on! I really have no words for the ending, but trust me when I tell you that it was not at all what I was expecting. I can't wait to get the next story, and find out just what K.J. Bell has in store for these characters next. I would definitely recommend this book, but I would probably start with the previous ones first if I could go back and do it again. Its not necessary, but I think it would have explained so much and given me a better insight to these characters and relationships. At this time there is no date for the next book, but I hope that we don't have to wait too long because I really need more Tug! I can't wait to read more from K.J. Bell in the future.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment