in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan


I had heard so many great things about Archer's Voice before starting that I was a little hesitant to actually begin. I was worried that it had been over-hyped, but boy was I wrong. This book was amazing, and I loved it from start to finish. I have never read a book similar to this one, and Archer Hale is one of a kind. He is at the top of my all time favorite book boyfriends ever list now, and I could not get enough of him!

Bree Prescott arrives in the small town of Pelion, Maine looking for a place to get away from awhile. She doesn't have plans for how long she will stay, but she ends up renting a cabin and makes friends with her neighbor. When she heads into town for some supplies and to see about getting a job, she runs across a scruffy stranger who helps her after her bag of items falls to the ground. She tries to talk to him, but he walks away without a word. Suddenly curious about him, she begins to ask around town about him and finds out that Archer Hale lives an isolated life on the edge of town after experiencing a tragedy years before. Bree sets out to become friends with him, and along the way they find themselves healing from their pasts together. Though they are able to begin healing and find themselves falling for one another, old insecurities and new worries threaten to stand in the way of a future together.

I loved Archer. I feel as though there really aren't enough words to really do his character justice. He was sweet and thoughtful after you get to know him, though he starts off as a bit rude and gruff. As you get to know more about him though, you see that he has every reason to act the way he does. He had been treated horribly after suffering through more than anyone should ever have to go through, and I felt so badly for him. But Bree saw through his exterior and was able to show him that love can heal anything. She was patient and kind with him, and I was so glad that she never gave up on him. In a lot of ways Archer had the mindset of a child, and Bree always saw the best in him and encouraged him to be himself no matter what. She helped him when he needed it, and let him do things his own way when that was best for him. These two were beyond perfect for one another, and there really was no one else that would have ever been good enough for either of them. They belonged together, and that was clear from the start. I loved seeing them get to know one another and explore the chemistry between them, all while falling head over heals for one another. 

Overall, I really cannot begin to give all the reasons to read this book. It was fantastic. It was the first book that I have read by Mia Sheridan, but it definitely won't be the last. This book not only lived up to all the hype, but far exceeded any expectations I had going in. I highly recommend this story, and cannot wait to go back and read it again. Archer's Voice is by far one of the best books that I have read, and it was such a beautiful story of loss and healing, and how with true love we can overcome anything. I look forward to reading more from Mia Sheridan, and I know that Archer and Bree will stay with me forever.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment