in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

ARC Review: Meet Me in the Dark by JA Huss


Wow! This book was another fantastic read from JA Huss. Meet Me in the Dark was so much more than what we are given in the blurb, and I honestly cannot even begin to tell you everything about this story because you have to just experience this one. What I will say is that if you are a fan of romantic suspense and like your stories dark, this is one that you have to check out! I was drawn into this story right away, and I honestly couldn't put it down. 

Sydney has spent the last eight years doing what she had to do to survive. When the man that was sent to rescue her from a cult-like group eight years ago left her behind, she was forced to stay with the man she was trying to escape from. Merc left telling her that he would be back for her someday, but he has never returned. Merc knows that he needs to take care of some things, and one of those is Sydney. He knows exactly what he needs to do and how to handle her. But when the opportunity he has been waiting for finally arrives, he quickly realizes that Sydney isn't what she appears to be. As Sydney and Merc spend more time together, they both begin to realize that there is so much that neither of them knew before. What will happen when the truth about everything is finally revealed? 

Merc was a complete badass. He was sexy and strong, and always in control. He is one of those guys that you just love to hate and yet find yourself loving him regardless. My opinion of him changed over the course of the book, as I wasn't sure at first if I would like him at all. But as the book progressed, we really got to see what made him who he was and that made me understand him so much better. The more I understood why he did the things he did, the more I began to fall for him. Sydney was one of those characters for me that I honestly didn't know what to think for much of this story. She comes off a bit weak and people definitely underestimate her, Merc included. But she is actually very strong, and her determination was what made me like her so much. She was so much more than you see right away, and the more I learned about her the more fascinated I was with her character. 

Overall, this was another winner from JA Huss. She is absolutely a go-to author for me when I want something unique and fresh. I love that she doesn't write cookie cutter characters or stories, and I know that with each book I am going to get something completely unexpected. I never know what will happen next, and yet I always really enjoy the journey. JA Huss has a way of drawing the reader in and making you experience things that you would never expect. Just when I think that I have everything figured out, she changes the game completely and I absolutely love that. Huss is a fantastic writer, and I am definitely looking forward to reading more from her. Her stories are not for everyone, and I recommend that you take her warnings seriously. But if you like dark suspense, Meet Me in the Dark is a must read! I have loved everything I have read by her so far, and I think she is one of those authors that is worth it every time.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment