in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 13, 2015

ARC Review: Taking the Fall: Vol 1 by Alexa Riley


Taking the Fall is a four part serial by Alexa Riley. Though each part does end with a cliffhanger, the reader knows that Carter and Layla are going to be together going in. I have to say that is what convinced me to read this one. While I have really liked everything I have read by Alexa Riley, I am over serials. They frustrate me and I tend to lose track of release dates and then completely forget the story by the time that the next part comes out. But with this one, I knew that I was going to feel better going in and that is what made me want to read it. 

Layla O'Leary has tried for years to remember what happened one night. When she goes to the one man that could answer everything, he turns her away. She vows to never return and that everyone from her past life will never hear from her again. Four years later, she lives somewhere else and has a new identity. But Carter has waited eight years to finally claim her, and he will do whatever it takes to show her that she is his. 

I really liked Carter. I felt bad for him seeing how much he wanted Layla and yet there were so many obstacles standing in his way. He was sexy and alpha, and I loved how possessive he was of Layla. She was his, and he would make sure that everyone knew it. But he also had a lot that he wasn't telling her, and I felt like things would have been so much easier if he would have just filled her in on some and talked to her. Layla was strong and determined, yet she could never fully move on and forget Carter. I felt bad for her as well, and I don't know what I would have done had I been in her situation. It was clear that they both had feelings for one another, but I really just wanted them to talk to one another and have better communication between them. I didn't see why Carter didn't talk to her about what he had to do, even if he couldn't give her any details. He should have been able to at least let her know what was ahead of them. The one thing that was never a problem though was how hot these two were together! They were perfect for one another when it came to their desires and they just clicked on that level.

Overall, this was a good first installment. I like these two together and they were definitely on the same page when it came to the steamy stuff. I will be interested to see what happens next after where we left off in this part. Alexa Riley always brings the heat with her stories, and she writes some of the hottest sex scenes I have ever read. Though I love her stories, I always feel like I want more. Luckily this time, it feels like we are definitely going to get that since there are four parts instead of just one. If you are looking for something short and sexy, I definitely recommend giving any of her stories a try. Carter and Layla's story is one that I enjoyed so far, and I cannot wait to get more of.

**ARC Provided by Flirty Subs PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment