in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 23, 2015

ARC Review: Call on Me by Roni Loren


Call on Me is the latest standalone novel in Roni Loren's Loving on the Edge series. I absolutely love this series, and would recommend reading these in order if you can though it isn't necessary. I love seeing each of the characters get their own story though, and it is always nice to see familiar faces as the series progresses. I have to say that I have been dying to get my hands on Pike's story though ever since I first read about him, and he was better than I ever expected. It is so hard for me to pick a favorite book or character here (because they are all so great!), but I really think that Pike might be it if I absolutely had to choose! 

Pike Ryland is not looking forward to helping out with the kids charity project that he promised his friend he would do, but he wouldn't back out of a promise to a friend. Pike doesn't handle children well though, so when he first meets Oakley Easton he is already off to a bad start. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he flirts with her and she wants nothing to do with him. All Oakley wants to do is provide for her daughter and to make enough money to stop having to work her night job. When Pike stumbles onto her night job, he figures it is the perfect in to get what he wants, her calling his name. But when things quickly change from sexy encounters on the phone to passion in person, they both begin fear that they won't be able to stop from falling hard. 

I really loved Pike! I knew I had liked him before, but really getting to know him here showed just how much we had yet to see from him. He had so much going on beneath the surface, and I really felt for all that he had been through. He was such a deep guy and I loved his honesty. He was sweet and kind, but also so sexy and fun. I really liked that he was so supportive of Oakley and he didn't judge her. Oakley was so easy to like. She was strong and feisty, and yet she was also able to give control up easily. Pike brought out a really great side to her, and he allowed her to trust him to take care of her and let her mind shut down for awhile. I couldn't get enough of these two together, and they were beyond hot! Seriously though my Kindle might overheat a few times throughout this one, but I have come to expect that with any book from Roni Loren! She always brings the heat, and that was no exception here. But beyond just the sexy times, I really loved seeing Pike and Oakley connecting past just the bedroom and I was so glad that Pike made her daughter a part of that as well. 

Overall, this was another great addition to this series and I would be absolutely fine if Roni never ended it! I love these characters so much, and I never seem to get enough of them. Pike was fantastic and I loved seeing a different side to him, but it was also really great to see more of Foster here and how things were going for him. I also really loved getting to see more of Oakley's brother and how things had progressed for him as well. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this series, and if you haven't read any of them yet you are definitely missing out! This story was great and I am already anxious for more from Roni. She has quickly become one of my go-to authors for a great steamy story, and she never disappoints!

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment