in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: Unclaimed Regrets by Stacy M. Wray


Unclaimed Regrets is my first book by Stacy M. Wray. The blurb of this one instantly drew me in, and I had to read this second chance love story! There was a lot to like here, and I did enjoy most of this story. However there were a few things that I had some problems with, and that kept me from really being able to love this book. I will look for more from Wray in the future though. 

Adelyn Winters loves her job and all that she has accomplished, yet she is still just going through the motions. She has a great family and best friend, and yet she has never been able to forget the guy she fell in love with years before. When she gets an invite to her reunion, she knows that she needs to go back to get closure one and for all. But when she comes face to face with Trey Masterson, all those feelings come right back. Trey and Addie thought that they would be together forever, but neither one of them really know what happened to cause it all to go wrong. But with all the obstacles from their past as well as their present threatening their relationship, will they be able to rekindle what they once had? Or will there be too many things standing in their way?

I liked both Addie and Trey. They had a great connection when they first met, and it felt so natural to me. With each new piece of their past that was revealed, I fell right along with them. That hadn't changed even with all that they had been through. I did think that these two had a serious lack of communication, and I wanted to shake them both several times for not talking to one another. When they were together they were great, but I wish that it wouldn't have taken so much to get there. These two were sweet and sexy together, and I really liked them for one another. I did think that Trey had a tendency to be a real jerk at times though, and that was really hard to get over for me. He seemed to have absolutely no patience or understanding for all that Addie had been though, especially when it came to Amanda. The worst part was that I didn't even understand how he could be friends with Amanda. After everything that she had done to Addie, it wasn't ever justifiable to me that he would be friends with her especially since he knew her true motives.

I think that if these two had talked more and sorted out their issues this book would have been a lot easier to really get into. The back and forth got to be a bit too much though, and I thought that these two had plenty of opportunities that they could have worked things out much sooner. The Amanda thing just felt drawn out though, and I wish that hadn't kept going for as long as it did. It seemed far too often that she got in the way of Trey and Addie finding happiness together, and I couldn't get over how easily she was able to repeatedly do it. I did like that we got to see Addie and Trey's past and their present though, and that we got both of their POVs. I think it added a lot to the story, and it allowed the reader to get to know these characters really well. Overall, I think that this one had a lot of promise and I did enjoy it. I loved these two together, but the issues I mentioned this one was good when it could have been great.

**Review Copy Provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment