in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 19, 2015

ARC Review: Say It Sexy by Virna DePaul


I was honored to beta read this book for Virna DePaul and it was such a fun read! This is Virna's NA debut and also the start of her new Say You Love Me series, and she definitely started it out with a bang. This is my favorite book that I have read of hers, and I cannot wait to see where this series goes! 

Garrick Maze and Gwendolyn Vickers are the two leads in a new TV show based on a hit book series. Garrick is the typical Hollywood star, going to parties and keeping his hook-ups casual. He isn't looking for love, and his new uptight costar is definitely the last one he would consider if he were. Gwen needs this show to be a hit, not only is she under pressure from her father but she also has an image to uphold. Though these two get off to a rough start, the passion between them continues to grow. Soon their banter and arguing turns to flirting, and before long they are both starting to see each other in a whole new light. As Gwen and Garrick grow closer, they both begin to wonder if maybe they belong with the last person that they expected. 

I really liked both Gwen and Garrick. These characters are so much more than first meets the eye, and I really enjoyed getting inside their heads. I love that we get both of their POVs, and I think that really allows the reader to get to know a character better. Gwen might come off as frigid, but she was dealing with a lot and she hadn't had life easy. Though most on the outside might think differently, Gwen had always been looking to make her dad proud and had quite a lot to live up to. Garrick brought out the fun and sweet side of her, and he saw beneath her facade. I was glad that he was able to really know the real Gwen. Garrick was also different than just what you first saw, and I was glad that he wasn't just another playboy. He was smart and sweet, and the more I got to know him the more I liked him. He was great at what he did, but he was also a really good guy. These two had so much chemistry, and I loved the banter between them. You could tell that all that tension between them was going to explode, and I loved every bit of it. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was fun and sexy, and I liked the characters. I am really looking forward to getting to know the rest of the cast from the TV show as well as the band members better. I am looking forward to Liam and Shane's stories especially! If you are already a fan of Virna's you won't want to miss this story, and if you are new to Virna this is a great book to start with! NA fans will find this one refreshing with no cheating or using others to make each other jealous. Liam's story is next, titled Say It Strong, and I can't wait to see what Virna has in store for him!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment