in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 26, 2015

ARC Review: The Fall Up by Aly Martinez


I couldn't wait to read The Fall Up by Aly Martinez when I first heard about it. I will be honest and admit that I really didn't even pay attention to the blurb once I saw her name, but I just knew that I would like it if she wrote it. This book is a complete standalone and I am so glad that I read it. It was a good story, I liked the characters a lot and I absolutely loved the cover. This one was emotional while also being really funny. It isn't often that you get such humor in a book with such serious content, so that was really refreshing here. 

Being a pop princess, Levee was used to living in the spotlight and never having much time for herself. Somewhere along the way she lost herself. But when she meets a handsome stranger, she finds that a simple conversation changes everything for her. Sam Rivers has no idea who the mystery woman is, but he knows that he can't stop thinking about her and he will do whatever it takes to keep her from jumping. The bridge might be where they met, but he is determined to keep her away from there and help her no matter what it takes. The more time that Sam and Levee spend together, the closer they get. But there was a reason they were each on that bridge the night they met, and they will have to figure out if those reasons can continue to bring them together or if they will eventually tear them apart. 

I liked Sam and Levee a lot. These two were great together, and the connection they shared was so natural and genuine. Sam was interested in Levee long before he knew who she was, and it was so good to see that her fame wasn't important to him. Sam and Levee were both really good people, and it was clear that each of them had their own problems they were dealing with. Sam had a lot of pain in his past, and was still struggling to deal with it. While Levee was living a life most would dream of and yet she was struggling as well. I loved seeing these two get to know one another though and find the support and encouragement that each needed. The chemistry was there right from the start, but so was the connection and it just felt like these two were meant to find one another. They had great banter and were a lot of fun to read about.

I did think that this story had a lot of humor to it, which was surprising considering the content. I thought it had some emotional times as well, and for the most part there was a pretty good balance making this an entertaining read. The one thing that I would have liked to have seen though was a bit more depth considering the topics dealt with here though. I think that there were some missed opportunities because of what was going on and I wish that we had been given a bit more. I think that Aly Martinez is a great writer, but I do feel like she could have dug a bit deeper here for each of these characters and it felt like a bit of fluff when it could have been more. There was a lot to love here though, and I did really like these two together. I would recommend this book and Aly's others as well as she is a really great writer. She always delivers the emotions, heat and humor that keep you turning pages and anxious for more. I know I will continue to read her books in the future, and I am looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment