in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 11, 2016

ARC Review: Raw Redemption by Tessa Bailey


RR is the fourth book in the Crossing the Line series. I read all three of the preceding books. I already loved the series and was invested in Henrick as a character after meeting him in previous books. You do not have to read the other books to read this one. In fact, I didn't even read the preceding books in order. So if this is your first book in the series, you can start right here and read the others later (all of which I recommend).

RR is the story of Henrik Vance. Henrick is a disgraced cop. His career in law enforcement went up in flames when he destroyed evidence that would have put Ailish O’Kelly in prison. Henrick becomes a part of the quasi criminal task force which stars in the other three books in this series to redeem himself and also to protect Ailish. Henrick is assigned to a mission, along with the rest of the task force, that will lead to the take down of Ailish's criminal boss Father. Henrick is determined to do whatever it takes to protect Ailish and that's pretty much evident from page one. I love Henrick, he's everything I want in my book boyfriend. He's tough, protective, loyal and has a dirty mouth!

It turns out that Ailish is not just the daughter of a crime boss, she is a prisoner. Ailish has no independent will when it comes to her Father or his criminal enterprise. Because she is under her Father's control, Ailish is forced to become a criminal herself and eventually she has just had enough of it. Ailish eventually runs from her Father and winds up running again. It seems that even though Ailish may not be aware of it, she needs help to escape her Father's grip. Enter Henrick.

I liked the fireworks between Henrick and Ailish from the beginning. I loved that Ailish is determined to save herself but drawn to Henrick. Henrick alternated between being completely bad ass and totally gentle and careful with Ailish, Ailish never knew which side of him to judge him on but she knew that there was no denying the rampant attraction between the two. Things heat up pretty quickly and no matter how Ailish feels about saving herself, from the minute Henrick enters her life, they are bound together.

I had so much fun with this whole series and this particular installment. I'm sad to see the quasi criminal task force go but I'm glad I got to be a part of the fun. If you haven't read the other books in the series, I recommend them. Every book in this series is romantic and entertaining.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment