in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

ARC Review: Safe Bet by Monica Murphy


Monica Murphy is one of those authors that I always look forward to, but I couldn't wait for Safe Bet! I haven't read the previous books in this series, but seeing as how it was a crossover to her One Week Girlfriend series I had to read this one! Drew and Fable are some of my all time favorite characters and I couldn't wait to get more of them and see a glimpse into their HEA. 

After being kicked out by her parents, Sydney Walker lands a job as the nanny for Drew and Fable Callahan. Though she has never worked before, she loves her new job and everything that it brings with it. But when rumors start that she is having an affair with Drew, Fable comes to the rescue with a plan. Sydney will pretend to be in a relationship with Wade Knox, a rookie from Drew's team. Wade is happy to help out as he feels indebted to the Callahans, but will fake turn into real in a matter of a week? 

I liked both Sydney and Wade. While I have read most of the books in the One Week Girlfriend series, I hadn't read any of the Rules series books or the book from OWG in which Wade was introduced so these characters were both new to me. Sydney was sweet and easy to like, which surprised me considering her upbringing and what I had heard about her from previous books. Wade was impossible not to love, and I liked him right away. They were great together and had strong chemistry right off. 

Overall, this book was a fun, light read that I really enjoyed. It was great catching up with characters that I had missed from previous books and seeing them play such important roles here. But I also really liked Wade and Sydney. Sweet and sexy, Safe Bet is one that made me want to go back and read all the books from the OWG and Rules series and I think fans of Monica Murphy's will really enjoy this one. If you haven't read all the books in either series don't worry about starting here as this one is easily read as a standalone. I look forward to reading more from Monica Murphy in the future, and I will definitely be reading both of these series when I get the chance after reading Safe Bet.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment