in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 23, 2017

ARC Review: Chasing Wicked by Kathryn James


Chasing Wicked is the first book that I have read from Kathryn James, so I really had no idea what to expect. This book was different though, and definitely was a great start to her Wicked series. I am looking forward to reading more from her in the future as this one kept me guessing the entire way through. 

Avery and Stone had a past together until they were torn apart from one another. Now years later they find themselves riding out a dangerous storm together. Each of them have secrets, and as the truth starts to come out they find everything that was between them before is still there. But are some secrets impossible to come back from, or will they be able to find a second chance for a future together?

I liked Avery a lot, she was one of those characters that I felt like I could relate to in some ways and couldn't in others. But she was honest about things, and that goes a long way with me. While I didn't agree with everything she had done, I really admired how she handled it all. Stone on the other hand was a bit harder for me to like. He was a lot like his name, and that made it hard to warm up to. He had a lot that he had gone through though, and some of that was understandable I just wish that we had got a bit more to warm up to earlier in this story. It was a bit too little too late to fully get behind his character. This book definitely had heat though, and there was no denying the chemistry between Avery and Stone.

While I did enjoy the secrets and twists here, I will admit that there were a few times that I was a bit confused about what was happening. There was a lot going on and at times that became a bit difficult to follow. I did enjoy the story though, and I will definitely read more from Kathryn James in the future. This is a new to me author that I would recommend taking the chance on if you haven't read anything by before.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment