in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 27, 2017

ARC Review: Retaliate by M.N. Forgy


Retaliate is the third entry in the Sin City MC series but it's my first read. If you want to start here in the series, you can. This book had a lot going for it if you are a reader like me. A like things a little rough, a little dark and a lot dirty. This book delivered all of that. 

I normally do not like books about cops. I prefer my hero and heroines on the other side of the law.  In this case Alessandra is a police officer and it worked out ok. I think the reason it works in this book is because there is something about Alessandra that is much more criminal than it is law and order.Alessandra's BFF is in a relationship with the president of the Sin City MC. Through her friend, Alessandra meets the vice president of the club Felix.

Felix is just the flavor of bad ass that I love. Felix is basically running the MC while the prez takes care of family business.  Felix has a dirty mouth and a terrible attitude.  He is also the type of guy who doesn't take BS and doesn't have time for it. He immediately has his version of a soft spot for Alessandra but for someone like him, it really ain't that soft.

What I love about this book was just all of the action, the plot twists and the chemistry between the characters. I'm always up for a 'hate you so much I have to bang your brains out journey.' I loved the hate/lust thing that Felix and Alessandra had going on in this book. What I didn't love and found kind of weird was the whole mystery with Alessandra's background. I don't know if that is talked about in other books and I was just lost because I skipped the first two books in the series. I feel like, though, that the issue just comes up in this book and I was lost because it wasn't dealt with very well. It wasn't a huge issue but there were a few times in this book where I felt like the author was kind of rushing the plot and making leaps that were too big to make logical sense. 

Beyond that issue this is a good book that I think MC fans who like action romance will enjoy.

**ARC provided by TRSoR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment