Jen McLaughlin is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of sexy books with Penguin Random House. Under her pen name, Diane Alberts, she is also a USA TODAY bestselling author of Contemporary Romance with Entangled Publishing. Her first release as Jen McLaughlin, Out of Line, hit the New York Times, USA TODAY and Wall Street Journal lists. She was mentioned in Forbes alongside E. L. James as one of the breakout independent authors to dominate the bestselling lists. She is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency.
My favorite things
Hello! I am Jen McLaughlin (though I also write books as Diane Alberts). I am stopping by today, fresh off of my release for the third book in my Sons of Steel Row series, Dare to Lie.
Since I have been under deadline for the past three years, and have finally scheduled some breathing room for myself, I thought it would be fun to talk about my favorite things to do while NOT on deadline.
1. Sleep. Like, did you know people usually sleep, and get more than an hour or two at a time? I didn’t, but I do now, and let me tell you…it is glor-i-ous.
2. Showering. Showering is also lovely. I smell good. My hair is washed. My legs are shaved. Like, EVERY DAY.
3. Knitting. I love knitting, but I never had time to do it. Sure, I have twenty hats I’ll probably never wear, BUT I HAVE THEM.
4. Food. Hot food. Yummy food. Food I eat once it’s ready, rather than when I finish a chapter. Hot food is GOOD.
5. March Madness. I love March Madness, even though my bracket is busted because I picked Villanova to go all the way…and they didn’t. But we won’t talk about that. (YES WE WILL. I AM SO UPSET!)
6. Writing. Yes, I’m off deadline, and yes, I have breathing room, but God, I love what I do, and I am so thankful I get to do it, so I love writing while off deadline. I take my time. Think things through. Make it shine. It’s wonderful.
What are some of your favorite things to do while off of work?
As an undercover DEA agent in the most powerful gang in Boston, Scott Donahue accepts the risks of living a double life. But when Tate Donovan, leader of the Sons of Steel Row, assigns Scotty to take his place in a bachelor’s auction sponsored by his sister’s sorority, he’s exposed to a whole new level of danger. Even though Tate makes it very clear—Skylar is off limits—the second Scotty sees her, he’s a goner. But how does he tell Sky she’s falling for a man who doesn’t exist?Sky can’t resist Scotty’s cool confidence or the raw, edgy power oozing from his perfect body. She’s always been the good girl, but he brings out the bad in her. And even though she knows so little about who he really is, Sky’s willing to take the biggest risk of all. But putting her heart on the line is no guarantee that Scotty won’t slip through her fingers...
Check out The Sons of Steel Row series:
Up for Grabs:
- 1 eBook copy of Dare to Run
- What are some of your favorite things to do while off of work?
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form to enter.
**Don't forget to enter our grand prize giveaway!**
Special thanks to Jen McLaughlin for sponsoring this giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway