in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 2, 2012

ARC Review: Consumed by Rebecca Zanetti

This was my first book by Rebecca Zanetti and while I did enjoy it I think I made a mistake trying to jump into this series with book four.

I have seen this series around and have had it on my TBR pile for sometime. When I saw this book pop up on NetGalley I just knew I had to give it a try. The premise seemed intriguing and I love the cover, but all of that can get you only so far. Once I got into the heart of the book I found myself feeling a bit overwhelmed and a tad lost. There is just so much going on and so many different characters and stories being thrown at us that at times I had to just stop for a moment to let it all sink in. From the first page to the last, Consumed takes you on a thrill ride and it never slows down. So if you are new to the series, like myself it becomes a bit hard to follow along.

For the last ten years Jordan Pride has been doing everything in his power to keep his people safe from the deadly virus that turns shifters into werewolves. When Jordan himself is infected he knows there is nothing that can be done to reverse his outcome.

Ten years ago Katie Smith was infected with a virus that has rendered her unable to shift into her mountain lion form. As a result she trained and is now part of an elite force that is tasked with taking down werewolves. She is one of the best in her class and she doesn't take anyone's crap. She is ruthless and focused on her mission, to kill all werewolves. All that changes when the only man she's ever loved becomes infected. Now Katie will do everything she can to help Jordan. She refuses to believe there is nothing they can do because she refuses to live without Jordan.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Jordan and Katie. Both have been harboring feelings for the other for a long time and I always enjoy when those types of feelings come to head. Jordan has spent the last ten years trying to forget Katie and the feeling he has for her. She is the only woman he's ever loved and now that he may potentially turn into a werewolf he regrets never making a move. Now more than ever he tries to keep himself in check because it would be wrong to let her get close just to watch him die. 

Katie is bound and determined to do anything and everything to save Jordan. She refuses to give up and roll over. She loves him and that's all that matters. Together they will find a cure and they will get their happy ending.

I really enjoyed this story, but as I stated before it was a bit overwhelming at times. There is just so much going on that I found it hard to keep up at times. Don't get me wrong, I still really liked it and I do plan on going back and reading the other books. I love the world the author has created and I loved getting to know all of the characters. I just think that things going on with the war that is occurring it would be better if the reader start from the beginning.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: 

2 comments :

  1. Hi,
    I think with this series it is definitely better to start from the beginning. So much happens in the other books leading up to this one. Plus I think you get a better feel for the characters if you start from the beginning. I can't wait to read this book -- I have been waiting since the beginning for Katie and Jordan's story!!
    I would like to see what you think of Consumed after you read the other books first to see if your opinions change!! I still liked your review though! Have a great day and a nice holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do read the series, I will let you know what I think. I hope you like Consumed. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete