in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ARC Review: Seven Day Fiance by Rachel Harris


Seven Day Fiance is the second book in the Love and Games series by Rachel Harris. This book features Cane and Angelle. I really enjoyed this story. Cane and Angelle are perfect together and I loved watching as their fake relationship turned into something real. This book is tied to the first book in the series, Taste The Heat, but it can be read as standalone. This is an Entangled Bliss imprint, meaning there isn't a ton of sex or steamy scenes. Usually that would disappoint me, but Rachel Harris's writing and the characters are so good that I didn't find myself missing it as much as I would have thought.

Tired of living up to everyone else's expectations, Angelle moves to a new town where she knows no one. She leaves behind her recent ex after having just turned down his very public proposal, and in the process not only upsetting him, but also her parents and the entire town. Angelle decides to become a firefighter and start living her life the way she wants to for a change. She has lusted after her roommate and friend's brother Cane from afar, knowing that he doesn't do relationships and even if he did she never thinks that he would notice her. But after winning a date with him at a charity auction, she asks him for a favor. She has told her family back home that he is her fiance and they have been asking her to bring him home with her for the holiday. Cane agrees to pretend to be her fiance for the week because not only did she just save him from having to go on a date with his crazy ex, but he has also been lusting after her. He figures with a week of pretending to be in a relationship, he can convince her to have a casual fling with him. But Cane and Angelle begin to really get to know each other as their fake engagement plays out, and there is an instant attraction between them beyond what either of them has ever felt before. The more they give in to their passion, the more they start blurring the lines between fake and real.

I really loved Cane. He was sexy with his tattoos and motorcycle, but also cute and nerdy. I loved that he wasn't your typical hero. I found him to be really interesting and completely unique. I loved that he was so sweet with his goddaughter and also with Angelle's. It was nice to see his soft side. I also really loved how great of a relationship he had with his sisters. You could really tell what a great guy he was and that just made him that much more likable. I also really liked Angelle. I thought that she was strong and determined and very brave. It was nice to see her go after not only a job that is usually a male dominated profession, but also leave everything and everyone she knew in order to change her life to how she wanted to live it. I think that she is one of those heroines that you just can't help but root for. I really liked her and Cane together. I thought that they made a great couple and were able to really help each other get over the issues that they both had. It was nice to see them go from admiring each other from afar to opening up and helping each other heal and grow. I think their relationship was extremely believable despite the short period of time that they actually took to fall in love. It was just so natural and even though they both tried to fight it at times and made some mistakes, when they were together they just had an easy and comfortable way of being without trying too hard.

Overall I really liked this story. This one was a quick and easy read, and I really enjoyed the characters. Not only was this story cute and fun, but I really felt that Harris did a great job of bringing to life the Cajun culture and lifestyle. It was very different from so many other stories that I have read, and I think that Harris described everything so well that the reader really gets drawn into the whole experience. Cane and Angelle were both very likable and interesting characters, but I also really enjoyed the other characters as well. This series is definitely one that I cannot wait to read more of. I am interested to get to know each of the other characters better, and hopefully get some little bits of Cane and Angelle again in the future. I was happy that they got their HEA, but I was wishing the book would have been a little longer so I didn't have to be done with them! I think that the Love and Games Series by Rachel Harris is one that romance fans will really enjoy. The series has so much to offer and I cannot wait to read more in the future. I highly recommend that you give this one a try if you like your romance stories sweet.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



2 comments :

  1. Nerdy heroes are my favorite!!! I am not huge into contemporaries but I think I will want to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE romance books!! They are my favorite!! I'm sure your's are wonderful, I hope I win them!!

    ReplyDelete