in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ARC Review: Just Say When by Kaylee Ryan


At this point standalone stories are pretty rare, so I was really excited when I found out that Kaylee Ryan was writing one that centered around a guy and his best friend's little sister. This trope is literally my crack, and I have to read any of them that I come across. I also really enjoy Kaylee Ryan's writing style, so this book was pretty much a win all around for me. I really enjoyed this story and I liked the characters. I will say that while I liked Ava, I loved Nate.

Ava Evans has been in love with her older brother's best friend for years. Nate Garrison has never shown any interest though, and Ava thinks that he views her as a little sister. Nate has done his best to bury his feelings for Ava Mae, and he has been able to avoid her for the past two years despite being home and back in the same town as her. But when she shows up at his gym with her friends, he realizes that he will be forced to finally face her. The more she is around, the harder it is for Nate to fight his feelings for her. He knows that it could ruin his friendship with Brody, but he is determined to find a way to make it work for all of them. Can Ava and Nate explore what is between them without ruining a lifetime of friendship? 

I really liked Nate. He was so sweet and protective, he cared so much about Ava and it showed. He was always looking out for her and not because of her brother. You could really tell just how much she meant to him. He was great with her, and I really liked that he was such a genuinely good guy. Ava was likable, but I did have my moments with her. She did a few things that drove me nuts, and I couldn't quite figure out why she did some of the things she did. It didn't make sense to me, but I think part of that might have been her age. I liked her and Nate together though, and I thought it was really interesting seeing how they made the transition from friends to more. These two might have acknowledged their feelings for one another, but they didn't just jump right into anything. They took things slowly, and the tension between them continued to build. 

Overall, this was a good story. While I liked it as I have everything I have read by Kaylee Ryan, I didn't love this one. I thought that Brody being the reason they took things slowly worked up to a point, but after awhile it just didn't make sense anymore. Ava and Nate were serious about one another and it was clear to everyone around them just how strong their feelings were. So it started to get old with how slowly things were progressing between the two of them. The fact that Ava was so resistant at first to even trying anything because of her brother was the biggest issue for me, considering how much she had always wanted him. It just didn't make sense to me. But I thought that Nate and Ava were perfect for one another, and I knew that once they figured things out that they would be a great couple. I definitely recommend Kaylee Ryan's books, and this was a good story. It wasn't my favorite of hers, but it is still worth the read.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iBooks | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment