in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

ARC Review: In Your Heart by Micalea Smeltzer


In Your Heart is the third book in Micalea Smeltzer's Willow Creek Series, and I have been wanting to read her books for awhile now. I have heard really great things about her, but until now hadn't had the chance to read any of Micalea's books. In Your Heart is a standalone story with interconnected characters, and it is a best friends to lovers story. I absolutely loved this book, and I couldn't put it down! I cannot wait to go back and read the first two books in this series and I know I will be reading more of Micalea Smeltzer's other books as well. 

Weeks before what should be the happiest day of her life, Sadie Westbrook catches her fiance with another woman. Having no one else to turn to, Sadie finds herself leaning on her best friend, Ezra Collins. Sadie moves in with Ezra until she can find a place of her own, and they find themselves growing closer than ever. Soon their once friendly feelings and innocent crushes on each other are turning into more and Sadie and Ezra are beginning to wonder if they are still just friends. They decide to explore the attraction between them until Sadie finds another place to live, but leave it at just the physical level. Even though both Sadie and Ezra are enjoying their new arrangement, they must decide if what they are feeling is worth taking a chance and risking their friendship. 

I loved these two so much. It was so easy to see why they got along so well, and they were perfect for each other. They were able to have fun together and they understood one another. Ezra and Sadie knew each other better than anyone else. I loved that they were able to see through the other's crap and they could call each other out on it. It also didn't matter that they had gone through a time of not speaking or that they would fight or argue, these two were there for each other and they could pick up as though nothing had happened. Not only did they have a strong connection and friendship though, they also had amazing chemistry together. These two had spent forever being physically attracted to one another and the tension between them continued to build. I loved seeing them begin to accept and explore that, and it was really interesting to see them circle around one another before finally giving in. Once they began to explore the physical side of their relationship, things got smoking hot between them and I couldn't get enough of them! 

Overall, this was a great book and I loved every bit of it. Ezra and Sadie both had moments where they did things I didn't agree with or wish they would have done differently, and yet I understood why they acted the way they did. Though it was frustrating for me as a reader, I could see where they were coming from so it didn't bother me like it might normally have annoyed. These two cared so much about each other, and it was hard for them to take a risk on the unknown. Their story was enjoyable and captivating, and I highly recommend In Your Heart to NA readers. This is one of the best NA books I have read in a long time, and I am really looking forward to reading the previous books, as well as the next book in the Willow Creek series.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment