Naima Simone's love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey and Linda Howard many years ago. Though her first attempt at writing a romance novel at age 11 never saw the light of day, her love of romance and writing has endured. Now, she spends her time creating stories of unique men and women who experience the dizzying heights of passion and the tender heat of love.
She is wife to Superman—or his non-Kryptonian, less bullet proof equivalent—and mother to the most awesome kids ever. They all live in perfect, domestically-challenged bliss in the southern United States.
Summer Vacation Destinations
When I was younger I went on fantastic summer vacations. Like the best. Not Disney World or Six Flags—those were so passé. Aaaand they also cost money my family didn’t have. But it didn’t matter. Because when my mother wasn’t forcing me to go to the YWCA where I learned to crack “Yo Mama” jokes with the best of ‘em, defend my honor—and face—and prove that twins do indeed fight dirty, I had the most fabulous vacations. And they were cheap. Like $3.99 and less. Yep, my vacays were my books. And God, did I love them. When I opened the covers, I was whisked away from a hot, third-floor apartment to lands with brisk, ocean breezes, castles, chocolate factories, or farms that didn’t smell like sh—uh, poo. Those were the best times, my favorite memories, and even now, years later, I still visit. What were some of those high-end destinations? So glad you asked!
1. Narnia. I discovered Narnia on my grandmother’s porch one summer afternoon. She kept boxes of books out there, and I found the entire Chronicles set. My first book was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Reading about a land encased in ice did wonders for a girl trapped in a New Jersey heat wave, lemme tell you! Even when the snow faded, I still had the cool shadows of the forest and faun caves, the perfumed grass along a babbling brook, and the fresh winds off the ocean that air-conditioned my room at Cair Paravel.
2. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. What kid didn’t want to vacay here? Halls that shrank—or did I grow bigger? Rivers of chocolate, forests made of candy, rooms with crazy inventions to explore, and of course, the oompa loompas! And once we got rid of the gum-chewing, spoiled, greedy, TV-obsessed riffraff, it was all good!
3. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle’s house. OMG! Have you been? What’s not to love about an upside down house? For hours, I would dig for buried treasure in her backyard, have campfires around the chandelier that was in the middle of the living room floor—it’s an upside down house, where else would the chandelier be? Anyhoo, I used to have tea parties in her garden, play dress-up in her attic, join an impromptu parade down the middle of town…sigh. And let’s not get started on the tons of crazy things you’d see hanging around her. Like actual tails wagging over a tattle-tale’s head. Don’t ask. You had to be there…
4. Ancient Greece. Olympus. Thebes. The Elysian Fields. Athens. I was a regular explorer of the ancient western world. And I witnessed all the shenanigans of those Greek gods. I observed all the plots, schemes and love affairs of man. I cheered on the quests and victories of all those heroes. And, seriously. The view from the heavens? Craaaaaazy!
5. Riverdale. Un-huh. Archie and the Gang. Riverdale. I had the best time there! Not only did I have the coolest friends—Betty, Archie, Jughead, Veronica, Moose, Dilton—but so many things were happening there. Chillin’ at Pop Tate’s, eating hamburgers and drinking milkshakes. Jamming with The Archies. Hanging around the pool at Veronica’s. And then there was always a mystery or two to solve. An ET to send home. And my wardrobe when I visited was amazeballs!!
So yeah, did I ever see Mickey, Minnie and the Disney castle? Nope. But that’s probably because my summers were too jam-packed with so much vacationing!
What were some of your summer destinations? Did we bump into each other, by chance? I bet we did!
Under his protection and in his bed…For Fallon Wayland, birthdays are just another reminder of her looming spinsterhood. This year is shaping up to be no different. Unfairly fired from her job, dumped by her boyfriend, and oh yes, witnessing the murder of a high-ranking lieutenant in the local crime family… Yeah, birthdays suck.Ever since a disastrous, hot-as-hell kiss years ago, soldier-turned-security specialist Shane Roarke has avoided his baby sister’s reckless—and gorgeous—best friend. Yet when her life is threatened after she witnesses a gang hit, he insists on protecting her…even if she objects.The two are forced to hole up in a safe house. Alone. Passion long denied erupts between them, burning away their inhibitions. But even as layers—and clothes—are peeled away, danger closes in. Shane and Fallon might finally have a chance at love…if they survive long enough to see it.
Check out what's up for grabs.
Up For Grabs:
- 1 $5 Amazon Gift Card
- 1 eBook copy of Witness to Passion
- What were some of your summer destinations? Did we bump into each other, by chance?
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form to enter giveaway.
**Don't forget to enter the grand prize giveaway!
Special thanks to Naima Simone for sponsoring this giveaway.