in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 3, 2015

ARC Review: Accidentally in Love by Laura Drewry


This was my first book from author Laura Drewry and I will definitely be checking out more from her in the future. Right off the bat I found myself not only hooked but I was able to connect with the story and the characters. I loved the banter between Ellie and Brett. In fact, there were a few times that I found myself chuckling at these two.

Ellie is a ball buster and she's got sass and I loved her humor. She's witty and some of the things she thinks and says had me laughing out loud. I loved reading her interactions with Brett. Ellie isn't a fan of cops at all and I thought some of things she thought and said to Brett were hilarious.

Brett...ah Brett was such a great hero. For reals. He's protective, caring, sexy and a cop. I mean who doesn't love a sexy cop? But for real, I really loved that he truly cares for his job and takes it so seriously. I also loved the way he was with Ellie. He was kind and really listened to her and put her needs first. *sigh*

I really enjoyed the relationship between Ellie and Brett. I loved that they they didn't jump into bed with each other right off the bat. They go from enemies to friends to eventual lovers and it was great to watch their progression. You really get a sense of their feelings for one another and the feelings feel honest and true.

My only complaint is that is took a bit too long for them to finally hook up. Don't get me wrong, I love a great build up but theirs seemed to take a bit too long and then when it finally does happen the book is just about over. I would have loved to see more of these two as an actual couple. The chemistry was there and they have so much sparks that I just wanted to see more of the sizzle.

All in all, Accidentally in Love was a great story. It's sweet, cute, funny and I just couldn't get enough. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more from Laura Drewry in the future and plan on picking up the previous books in this series.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment