in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 2, 2015

ARC Review: Hard To Let Go by Laura Kaye

 

Hard To Let Go is the fourth book in Laura Kaye's Hard Ink series of standalones. This one centers on Beckett Murda and Katherine Rixey. While this one can be read as a standalone, I would highly recommend reading these in order as the story continues from one book to the next. It isn't necessary to read the previous books to understand this one, but it does increase the reader's enjoyment and this book builds upon what has previously happened. 

As Beckett Murda and the rest of his time start to get to the bottom of who their enemies are that took out half their team and ended their time in the Army, things begin to heat up when Nick's sister Katherine Rixey shows up. Beckett and Kat don't seem to be able to have a conversation without sparks flying, and yet they also find themselves drawn to one another. But when Kat volunteers herself to help the team and puts herself in danger, Beckett finds out that he doesn't like it and realizes that his feelings for her are more than he ever expected. But can Kat and Beckett put aside their differences and work together as well as stay out of danger long enough to figure out what is going on between them? 

I liked both Beckett and Kat. Beckett was always a man of few words and you could tell that there was so much more beneath the surface with him. Though we had seen him throughout the series, I felt like we really didn't know much about him at all. It was good to finally learn more about who he was, and I felt bad for him with everything that he had been through. I loved him with Kat, and I thought that she was exactly what he needed. Kat was feisty and I loved how strong she was. She was easy to like, and I was glad that she didn't let the boys get away with anything. She was smart and contributed a lot. But the best thing about Kat was how great she was with Beckett. She was supportive and caring, and these two had a great connection and chemistry.

I have really enjoyed this series, and I love how different each of the characters is. They work so great as a team and I love the camaraderie between them. Each character has their strengths and brings something different to the table, and I have really liked seeing how things progressed from the start of this series to the end. It is sad that this series is ending, but I have really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see what Laura Kaye comes up with next.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment