in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 3, 2015

ARC Review: Written on my Heart by Cole Gibsen


This book was so good. Written on my Heart was the first book that I have ever read from Cole Gibsen, but it definitely won't be my last. I honestly had no idea what to expect with this book, but I had seen some really great things about the story and decided I needed to read it. I am so glad that I took a chance on this one. This story was very emotional and had some really tough parts to get through, and yet it was beautiful.

Ashlyn has only ever stood up for herself one time, and it left her with a broken body and kicked out of her house. Forced to start over with nothing, Ashlyn did what she had to do in order to survive. The last thing she needs is a sexy tattoo artist with an attitude to mess things up. But she finds herself drawn to Lane, even knowing that he appears to be nothing but trouble. Lane has enough to worry about in his own life, and dating definitely isn't something he wants to add to his plate. But as much as he tries to keep Ash at arm's length, he finds himself unable to stop thinking about her. But with both Ashlyn and Lane having secrets and determined to avoid falling for anyone, can they find a way to make things work between them? 

Ashlyn and Lane were such great characters. They were unique and flawed, and I loved how real they were. These two had so much that they had each struggled with, and yet they were both fighters that refused to give up. They did what they had to do, and made the most out of their situations. I loved the chemistry between them and couldn't get enough of the banter. These two challenged one another and the back and forth was so interesting to see. Yet they also had a strong connection that built over the course of this book, and I was glad that it wasn't something instant. With everything that these two had been through I felt like their connection was genuine and real, and I don't think I would have felt that way had things happened quickly between these two. They were slow to open up and let each other in, and I think it made things that much stronger once they did finally come together because of that. They were great together though, and I really loved how they were able to grow and heal together as well as separately. 

Overall, this was a great story and it was one that I couldn't put down. I read this in pretty much one sitting because I had to know what would happen. This book wasn't always easy to get through at times, and there were some tough subjects that were dealt with here. I really felt for the characters, and my heart broke for them at times. But this book was also about hope and the healing power of love found in the most unlikely of places, and I loved how things turned out for these characters. I highly recommend this book, and I can't wait to read more from Cole Gibsen in the future.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment