in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Audiobook Review: Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens, Narrated by Rebekkah Ross


Honestly I am a huge fan of Thoughtless and all things Kellan Kyle, so when I got the chance to listen to this on audiobook I couldn't wait! Though I know this series is one of those that evokes strong emotions out of anyone that reads/listens, I am definitely of the camp that loves it rather than hates it. I think that because of the content that people can't help but feel so strongly one way or the other, but for me I love every single word written by S.C. Stephens even when there were parts that were extremely hard to get through. I have to say though that listening to the audiobook just made me love this book that much more! 

When Kiera moves across the country for her boyfriend Denny, she leaves everything that she knows behind. Ready to start their life together, she transfers to a new school knowing that leaving her family behind will be worth it. But when Denny's new internship takes him away from her for work, Kiera begins to feel lonely and confused in a strange place. Turning to their roommate Kellan Kyle, she finds a friendship she never expected. The longer Denny is away, the closer Kiera and Kellan grow. But then one night changes everything, forcing them to rethink everything that they thought they knew. 

There are not enough words to say how much I love Kellan Kyle. Seriously he is one of my top book boyfriends ever! Kellan is sweet and sexy, thoughtful and funny. He is supportive and encouraging, and his love for Kiera is unconditional. Kellan is impossible not to fall in love with, and I think that he would literally cut out his own heart for Kiera. Kiera is admittedly hard to like at times. She can come off as whiny and indecisive, and I definitely didn't care for how she treated Kellan (or Denny for that matter!) at times. Yet there was something about her that made her still likable to me. She was clearly struggling with everything she thought she knew about her life, and was absolutely torn about her feelings for both Denny and Kellan. Denny was familiar and comfortable, and so sweet and lovable. But Kellan was new and exciting, and the passion between them was stronger that what she had ever felt with Denny. The growing connection between her and Kellan just made it that much more confusing for her, but it was clear to me that she really loved both guys just in different ways. 

Overall, I really love this story and I really loved the narration here. I thought that Rebekkah Ross did a great job not only bringing these characters to life, but really embodying their personalities as well. She was clear and easy to understand, and I love that she varied her tone and voice for each character making them easy to distinguish. I also felt like she did a great job portraying Denny's character with the accent, which was a wonderful surprise that I hadn't expected. She really was fantastic to listen to, making a favorite story of mine like a whole new experience. One thing I hate about finishing a favorite book is that you only get that first read once. While it is always great to go back and reread, it isn't ever as magical as that first time. But listening to the audio version with a great narrator is like reading the book for the first time all over again, and Rebekkah Ross really nailed the performance here. I will definitely look for more audiobooks with Rebekkah Ross in the future, and I can't wait for more from S.C. Stephens. If you are new to the series, this is a great way to start! If you are a fan already, I highly recommend the audiobook version of this book if you haven't listened yet.

**Audiobook Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment