in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

ARC Review: Wet by Ruth Clampett


Wet is a standalone contemporary romance from Ruth Clampett, and it is also my first book by her. The blurb really got my attention, and I knew I had to read this one. Never having read anything by her before though, I had no idea what I was in for. While I did enjoy this one at times, I also had some issues with the story. This one was okay, but wasn't quite what I had been expecting unfortunately. 

Paul is a recovering sex addict, committed to turning his life around and not having sex until he finds the right woman for him. Paul loves sex, but he is looking for the woman that he can settle down with and marry. So when he meets Elle, a woman only looking for sex, he knows that he needs to stay away from her. But the sparks between them are instant, and he can't help the attraction he feels to her. Elle isn't looking for anything more than casual after what happened with her ex. She wants Paul, but as hard as she tries, he continues to turn her down. Elle and Paul find themselves becoming friends, despite their attraction to one another. But Paul is soon wondering if he can convince her to give dating him a shot, and Elle is wondering what it will take to get Paul to break his no sex rule.

I did like these two, but I did get frustrated with both of them at times. I found Elle to be really funny and I loved that she was sassy and willing to seek pleasure without feeling guilty for it. But I will say that I thought that she took things too far at times. She didn't want to be called a slut or whore, and yet she was picking up random guys on Tinder and continuing to sleep with them even when she found them creepy or weird. It was hard to really connect with her or support her when she did things like that, especially knowing that she was developing feelings for Paul. Paul was easier for me to relate to, and I liked that he was determined to stick to his plan even when he desperately wanted Elle. He was a good guy, who loved his family and wanted a good girl. I thought that these two had a ton of chemistry and a great connection. I enjoyed seeing them get to know one another, and seeing how strong the connection grew the more they spent time together.

I had two things that really kept this one from being a great read for me. One was the fact that this book was really long. I felt like things were drug out far too long, and I got tired of waiting for these two to get their act together. I didn't enjoy seeing Elle with other guys, and I was ready for that to be over far sooner than it was. The worst part was that these two were always talking about it and sharing sex stories, and I just didn't really care for that. I know they weren't together and that they were friends, but that was a bit much for me with the feelings going on between them. My other issue here was that it just felt over the top at times. There was a lot going on, and these two were naturally funny together. But I really felt like some things just went too far, and it felt like the author was trying too hard. The constant shenanigans with Paul's family and the Tinder guys etc. was just too much for me and I found myself rolling my eyes several times. With all the crazy going on and the slow development between Elle and Paul, I found myself bored and wanting to skim. I think this one could have been shortened and it would have held my interest a lot more without really losing anything necessary. So while I did think that there were some good and funny moments, this one just wasn't what I had been expecting or hoping for. I might look for more in the future from Ruth Clampett, but this is one that was just okay in my opinion.

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment