in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 10, 2015

ARC Review: His Lover To Protect by Katee Robert


His Lover to Protect is a really entertaining, sexy, easy read. If you like Katee Robert, you will love this.I read Falling for His Best Friend which is another book in this series that focuses on Alexis' sister Avery. I enjoyed that one and if you are like me and read that one, I highly recommend this one.

This is the story of Alexis and Luke. I already liked Alexis but getting her whole story from her POV made me an official Alexis fan. Alexis has been through A LOT, she lost her mother and is predisposed to the same illness that took her away. Alexis has also had to adjust to the reality that the life she planned for herself will probably never happen. All of this comes on the back of her younger sister realizing all of her wildest dreams and pushes her over the edge and into a "find yourself" trip to Europe. What I love about Alexis is that I could relate to her imperfections and fears. Everybody wants to be happy for the people they love when good things happen to them, but let's face it, when your life is crappy, it's a struggle. I appreciated this author for giving us a real character who had a totally believable response to her situation.

As for Luke, it turns out he was sent by Ryan (Alexis' sister's fiance) to keep an eye on Alexis as everyone could see her on the edgeness. Luke is practically perfect in every way. He is broody and perpetually in a bad mood. He's also bossy and possessive and if you know me, you know that rings my bell every time. Even though Luke is supposed to just keep his eyes on Alexis, his other body parts find it difficult to resist the party. Alexis is feisty and keeps Luke on his toes where he needs to be to stop wallowing in self pity.

This is my favorite kind of tortured romance. I love the broken characters who are able to heal each other through their own wounds. Alexis with her emotional scars, Luke with his physical scars, were the perfect combination. Their sex was hot (you can count on Katee Robert for that) and their connection was heartfelt and well developed. There is nothing to heavy in this book but it is absolutely worth the read. And if you haven't read Avery's story, get that one too.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment