in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

ARC Review: Roped In by L.P. Dover


If you have followed my reviews at all over the past couple of years, you will know that I am a huge fan of L.P. Dover's! She never disappoints no matter what she writes, and I just love everything that I have read from her. So when I got the chance to read the newest book in the Armed & Dangerous series from her, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! Roped In is the second book in the series, but it is a complete standalone. I have to say that I actually loved this book even more than the first in the series! I couldn't put it down, and I can't wait for more!

When Blake Evans is asked to babysit country music starlet Hadley Rivers, he couldn't get rid of her fast enough. He assumed that she would be a pampered princess, used to living the life of servants and never doing anything for herself. But Blake quickly figured out that Hadley was anything but and the two of them started to get to know one another. The more they learned about each other the more their feelings grew. But with someone out to get Hadley, Blake knew that he had to do whatever it took to protect her. Though Hadley and Blake want nothing more than to be together, can they find a way with not only huge lifestyle distances but also someone intent on keeping them apart threatening everything that they have been building?

I really loved these two, but I will admit that I didn't really like Blake to begin with. He was such a judgmental jerk at first, and I was really worried that I wouldn't like him at all. But he quickly won me over as he did with Hadley, and I was glad that he realized that she wasn't anything like how he had first pegged her. He was actually pretty funny and caring, and super protective. I loved seeing his manly side and how he claimed her as his, and wasn't afraid to show it. He was sexy and alpha without being too controlling. Hadley was smart and sweet, and I liked her right away. She was so down to earth, and she really cared about all those around her. I thought that she was perfect with Blake, and I really liked seeing how they interacted after they got over the initial bumps in the road. They were really hot together, but they also had such a strong emotional connection that they were building as well. I also really enjoyed seeing their light-hearted moments together, and they had me laughing throughout this entire story. 

Overall, this is one of the best books I have read from L.P. Dover. She continues to prove why she is such a fantastic writer, and I can never get enough of her stories or characters. Roped In was great, and it had everything that I look for in a great book. It was sexy and sweet, with just enough suspense and humor to keep my captivated from the very start. I was invested in these two right away and I honestly cannot wait for more. The next book in the series, High-Sided, is Logan's story and is set to release in August 2016. I loved Logan here and I am so excited to read his story next! I can't wait to read more from L.P. Dover in the future and will have to do my best to be patient as I wait for her next release.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment