in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

ARC Review: Out Of The Blue by Carina Adams


I will admit that I am a big fan of Carina Adams and every time I see she has a new book coming out I get really excited! But I have to say that I think Out of the Blue is the one that I had been waiting for the most from her. After reading and loving Forever Red, I couldn't wait to get Mike's story! Though Out of the Blue is technically a standalone, it is really a continuation of Forever Red with more of the focus being on Mike and Molly. I would suggest reading these in order though I guess you wouldn't necessarily have to. 

When an accident ended Mike's career in the Navy, he came home to a life that had fallen apart. Needing something to do, he jumped at the chance to work security for one of his best friends who was also a famous country singer. As much as he enjoyed being around his best friend Nate though, it was hard to watch his other best friend Lia with Nate as they got back together. Though he had never made a move on Lia, he always thought that they would wind up together. Needing to get away from them, Mike left the tour and headed home. But when Lia shows up months later looking for his help running security for her new client Molly, Mike finds himself unable to say no. Mike and Molly had been friends before, and they picked up like nothing had changed once around one another again. But the more time they spend together, the more things begin to change and soon they are seeing each other in a completely new light. 

I had really liked both Molly and Mike in Forever Red, so I was excited to get to know each of them better. I felt so bad for Mike with how things went for him and Lia. Though I love Lia and Nate together, I saw the friendship and connection she had with Mike. He is such a good guy, and their friendship and history went back so far. But I really did think that Lia and Nate were meant to be, so it was really good to see Mike moving forward. He was great at what he did, and he genuinely cared about Molly and her safety. It was great to see them grow closer than ever as they spent more time together. Molly was so easy to like, and I thought that she was good for Mike. She was able to help Mike loosen up a bit and start to live his life for himself as well as others. I can't even imagine living life in the spotlight and having to deal with everything that Molly did, and though she did make a few poor choices I completely understood where she was coming from. She wanted to make her own choices and have some fun without the world having an opinion on everything. Where she was good for Mike with helping him be a bit more selfish when he needed it, he was good at grounding her and helping her to let go of all that she had to deal with because of her life as a singer. These two were so great together and I really felt their connection to one another. I also loved the heat and chemistry between them, and I couldn't get enough of them together. 

I really loved this book and just like with Forever Red, I didn't want it to end! I feel so invested in each of these characters and I just love this series! They are all so fun to read about, and I found my heart melting at how cute Mike and Mols were together. Carina is a great writer, and I was so glad to see how she handled so many issues here in this book. I thought that she did a great job of tackling some issues and giving each the respect that they deserved. There were a lot of things going on here, and I felt like the pacing and flow was perfect. Carina Adams did a great job with this story, and I couldn't put this book down. If you are looking for a book that is funny, sweet and filled with smoking hot chemistry, this is definitely one worth checking out. I have loved everything I have read from Carina Adams and I know that I will be anxiously awaiting whatever she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment