in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 15, 2016

ARC Review: Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills


Filthy English is the second book in the English series by Ilsa Madden-Mills. Each book is a standalone story, though they are interconnected. After reading Dirty English, I couldn't wait for more of this world. I was so excited when I found out that we were getting Dax's story, and I really enjoyed it. 

Dax and Remi had once found out that a relationship between them would never work, despite their feelings for one another. Years passed and they moved on though they both thought of each other often. But when Remi is left at the altar by her fiance, she goes on her honeymoon to London alone with plans to get drunk and forget about her fiance. But Remi is shocked to run into Dax, and once she does her plans change. Remi intends to move on and she knows Dax is exactly the man to help her do it. 

I liked Dax a lot, and I was so hoping we would get his story. He is sexy and charming, and impossible to resist. He is a tattooed bad boy that you can't get enough of, yet he also had an unexpected soft side that we got to see occasionally. I loved how intense he could be at times, but what really got to me was seeing his vulnerability because it wasn't something that showed often. I did have some issues with Remi. While I liked her at times, I did get frustrated with her because of her wishy washy feelings about her ex. Her inability to make up her mind got on my nerves and sort of soured me on her character.

I thought that Dax and Remi had a ton of chemistry and were perfect for one another, but I could have done without her ex being in the story as much as he was. It felt a bit forced at times and as though it was done at times just for the drama. I still liked this story, and it is definitely worth the read for Dax alone. I just wish that Remi had been a bit stronger of a character and hadn't come across as weak as she did at times. I do love how this is a modern take on Romeo and Juliet and that it was new and different while still delivering everything that readers know and love of the classic story. I love a good forbidden story and thought that this was a unique take on that. I know I will read more from Ilsa Madden-Mills in the future, and I would recommend this series to readers who enjoy contemporary romance, especially those that love the NA genre.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon





0 comments :

Post a Comment