in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 8, 2016

ARC Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover


If there was once word to describe how I feel after finishing It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, it would be RAW. This book broke my heart and was such an emotional story to read. There were things I absolute loved here, but there were things that didn't work for me as well. While I have things that personally bothered me, I have to say that the one thing I wasn't disappointed by here was the writing. Colleen Hoover is amazing with words, and her stories are so beautifully written. 

It Ends With Us is about Lily, who moves from Maine to Boston in order to attend college and pursue her dreams. She starts her own flower shop and things in her life appear to be coming together as she meets a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle. Though he doesn't do relationships, they find themselves falling in love and soon are building a future together. But when Lily's ex and first love reappear in her life, things begin to change. Soon Lily finds that not only has her past returned in the form of the boy she once loved, but that it has caught up with her in a way she never expected. 

The characters in this story were deep and I felt so invested in all of them. They were real and genuine, faults and all. I loved them and I hated them, but the one thing I can say is that I really felt emotionally connected to all of them. I struggled right alongside them, and I definitely had it all planned out in my mind the way I wanted things to go here. I won't say more on that so as not to ruin it, but I honestly had things built up in my mind to go a certain way. Ultimately things didn't go as I wanted them to, and there were times that I honestly felt so broken by what was happening throughout this story. I really truly felt like these characters all deserved to find a happy ending no matter what had happened, and I really wanted to see that play out a bit more. 

While we did get an ending here that was wrapped up, it felt rushed to me and I wanted more. It still wasn't what I had wanted or hoped for, but I think it would have been more satisfying had we seen a bit more down the road. I wanted to know how things ended up for all those involved and it felt like things were just starting at the end. I understand so much more about this story after having read the author's note, and while the writing was stellar as always it still wasn't what I wanted. I know that is a bit ridiculous to say, but for me personally I read for certain reasons and one of those is for the love and romance. While there was romance and love here, this one felt more like fiction to me and I wasn't entirely on board with how things played out here. Again that is not to say that this is a bad story, because that is absolutely not the case. This one just didn't work as well for me on a personal level as I think it will for others. For me, it felt like Colleen had broken me and never really put me back together. I saw it coming, and yet I had it in my mind how I wanted things to turn out. These types of stories rarely work out for me, and I honestly didn't have any clue what I was in for before starting this one. While I do think that a lot of readers will love this one and that the writing was fantastic, this wasn't my favorite from Colleen.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment