in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 11, 2016

ARC Review: Rogue by Michele Mannon


This book had so much promise based on the description but then it just didn't come together. I like romantic suspense so I knew this was going to be right in line with my book preferences. And parts of it were romantic and suspenseful but....but.... right from the beginning, I had a hard time following the story. It didn't get better. I enjoy plot twists but too many can make you feel like a crazy pretzel. I definitely got the crazy pretzel vibe in this book.

Quick rewind on the plot: Kylie is bent on revenge (not sure why at first) and also needed money for her mom and younger sister who she has to care for. Kylie is recruited by a undercover group of mercenaryish agents who hunt down criminals.... (again, not sure why this group exist or why they recruited Kylie. I never got that part). Jaxson is a TORC assassin. I like Jaxson, he's arrogant and playboyish, the type of man no woman should get involved with but we all keep falling for anyway.

Kylie did nothing for me as a character. Let me amend that, Kylie worked on my last shaky nerve. If I was on this super serious mission to save my family, I would like to think that I would not get distracted by a hot guy. I don't know, maybe I would've but damn Kylie, you can not be that easily thrown off track.

Jaxson was ok. If you go back in time to the time when he met Kylie, he made his intentions known from the beginning of the book. But Jaxson was kind of a conundrum. On the one hand, I found it difficult to take his easy going personality seriously, on the other he's a stone cold assassin. Not just any stold cold assassin, he actually trains Kylie. I had a hard time reconciling the two worlds. While all the confusing spy, double spy stuff is going on, Jaxson makes it his mission to get it in with Kylie. And he tells her that. In great detail. Ok, I can live with that, you know I loves some dirty talk.

Jaxson's talking is all good and fine but he would have to break orders to make his talk reality. I loved that he was willing to give it all up for his woman. That's what I like to see. But then fast forward to the present and it seems as if Kylie betryaed Jaxson. Only I'm not sure she did and really I found all of this very confusing!

I'm tired and irritated just trying to sum up this book. Honestly, it's kinda good but really all over the place. I don't have the patience to put together all the pieces, if you do, you might really like this.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment