in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 12, 2016

ARC Review: Wanting it All by Christi Barth


I read this book awhile back and I still remember that it was engaging and fun. The characters, especially Madison, are unique and memorable. If you're in a book funk, this is a good read for you.

First, I just have to note that this book takes place in my second hometown and I was inappropriately excited by that. Why are there not more romance books set in DC? Ok, I digress. The book actually opens with the story of Knox and his friends surviving a horrible accident. I kind of knew from the synopsis that was going to happen but I thought the author did a really good job building the cast of characters for this series right from the beginning.

Fast forward to present day and we are introduced to Madison who has relocated to DC for work. Madison is truly one of the most different characters I've read about. She came from the Alaskan bush (seriously) where she and her other lived a modest but good life. Madison is in DC to sort of spread her wings and live life....as a librarian at the national library. I love stuff like that. It was totally offbeat and unexpected. And by the way, Madison is also determined to find herself a husband. Enter Knox.

Knox was a super geek when he was involved in a near death experience. After escaping with his life Knox was determined to live life to the fullest but somewhere the wires got crossed. In reality Knox was traumatized (as anyone would be) by his brush with death. And instead of simply indulging in the good stuff in life, he was gorging himself on temporary pleasure without finding something worth holding on to. Knox was brilliant so he becomes a billionaire. He grows out of his geekiness and becomes a ladies man who can barely keep track of all his conquests. Except he does- by GEOGRAPHICAL location. He's banging his way through the country. Ew. Everything was just too much. Until he meets Madison.

This book isn't entirely a brand new spin on the genre, so you can kind of guess where things are going after a certain point. Knox and Madison have an incredible one night stand and Knox figures out that one night is not going to be enough. Everything is going great until Knox finds out that Madison is his best friend’s little sister. Even though Madison is really just what Knox needs to calm down and actually enjoy his life, he gets all crazy over the little sister thing. If you've read any 'little sister of my best friend' books you know how that goes.

I started by saying this book was fun and now I will agree with myself. Because I know what I'm talking about. Even though you can guess some of what's coming, the dialogue between the characters is entertaining and engaging, the romance is really sweet and there's some good steamy stuff.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment