in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 2, 2017

ARC Review: Painted on my Heart by Kindle Alexander


I have been waiting for what feels like forever to get a new book from the writing duo Kindle Alexander! Their books are some of my all time favorites, and I knew that whatever they were working on would be worth the wait. I can say now that Painted on my Heart was all of that and more, and I have yet to be disappointed by them. This story was really good, and I think readers are going to really enjoy Kellus and Arik's story! 

I don't want to get into much of the story so as not to spoil anything for the reader, but this story centers around Kellus Hardin and Arik Layne. Arik is a wealthy businessman who prefers not to have relationships beyond casual hookups. Kellus is an artist struggling to pick up the pieces of his life after letting his love and loyalty cloud his judgment. When the two meet, Arik wants nothing more than to make Kellus his. But Kellus isn't willing to open himself up after his past.

I really liked both Kellus and Arik. I will admit that there were times that I was frustrated with Arik and his actions here, but I really did believe in his intentions. Things between these two were obvious from the start, with strong chemistry and a growing bond between them. I loved that it was a slow build that felt real and natural. These two really felt as though they belonged together and that things happened in a very genuine way. If you are a fan of Kindle Alexander's past books, this is one that I think you will really enjoy. 

My one criticism is that this story is on the long side, and it really felt like the beginning of this book could have been a bit less detailed. It was a bit slow and hard to get into, with things going on that didn't really seem to make much difference to Kellus and Arik's story. Once I made it through about 30% though, things started to head in the right direction and at that point I was really enjoying the journey these characters were on. Kindle Alexander is one of my favorites when it comes to M/M stories, and Painted on my Heart proved once again why they are a go-to for me. This one had everything I have come to love and expect from them, and I would definitely recommend this sexy and emotional love story.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment