in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 2, 2017

ARC Review: Naughty Boss by Whitney G.


I was so excited when I saw that there was a new book coming out from Whitney G. I love her books and Naughty Boss sounded like it would be everything I was looking for and more. While I still love Whitney G., this book was a bit underwhelming for me. It just never quite got there for me and sadly wasn't all that I had hoped for. 

Mya thinks that her boss is the sexiest man she has ever seen, but he is a jerk and she has the countless emails to her bestie to prove it. But when she accidentally sends an email complaining about him to him instead of her bestie, her boss Michael views it as the perfect excuse to finally act out on some of his own fantasies that he has had about Mya. 

Mya and Michael had great chemistry. Things were hot between them, and that is the one thing that I loved about this story. Whitney always delivers when it comes to steam, and these two were as hot as ever! But I wanted more of an actual connection between them, and that is what I found missing here. Michael never really seemed to redeem himself from the way he had treated her, and when he did change it was abrupt and just seemed to have happened over night with the flip of a switch. I think that a lot of that was due to the fact that this was a novella. I have always had issues with novellas not having enough pages to do a story justice, and I think that was a huge problem here. It didn't help that the story ended at 70% of the eBook and gave us previews of other books by her. I wish that she had used the rest of those pages to make this one a little more solid, as I would have loved to have been given more of these two developing something I could believe was real and lasting. 

Overall, this wasn't my favorite from Whitney G. It was good at times, but with the abrupt ending and rushed feeling over the course of the entire book and relationship, I just never really felt invested in these two. I also have to say that at times I had a bit of a deja vu feeling as though Michael was a little too similar to Andrew Hamilton. There were a lot of differences between Naughty Boss and Reasonable Doubt, but there were times that Michael seemed to act and say things that were straight up Andrew, and I think that bothered me as well since Andrew is one of my all time favorites and is so different. This one just didn't fully satisfy, and I found myself a bit disappointed, though I think that there are a lot of readers that will feel differently than I did.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment