in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

ARC Review: Under Her Skin by Adriana Anders


I really think that this book might be the right book for some of you readers out there but I have to say it was not the right book for me. For all of you readers who like really agonizing romance with a lot of emotion, a lot of character introspection and sort of broken characters, this is the book for you. For readers like me who need more action and more erotic content, this book can go a little slow.

Uma arrives in the small town where Ivan lives and it's clear that something bad happened in her past. We are not hold what happened to Uma the quickly find out that the tragedy is connected to her abusive ex and something that he did to Mark her body. Uma is so traumatized by whatever happened in her past that she suffers from serious anxiety and an inability to sleep. She is also extremely socially awkward and finds it difficult to stand up for herself. Despite her issues, one thing that I did like about this character is that she does grow as the book goes on. She works for a crazy old lady who won't leave her house and is borderline abusive at the beginning of the book. By the end, Uma has learned to take authority over the situation with her employer and her life. I have a great appreciation for a character who grows in that way.

As for Ivan, I'm not completely sure why but he also had some serious issues. Ivan is a loner who is living a fairly isolated life when he meets Uma. Ivan been immediately recognizes that Uma is deeply damaged and is frankly surprised by his own urge to protect her. Ivan and Uma are repeatedly thrown together by virtue of the closness of their homes and the smallness of the town. Uma immediately finds Ivan to be a comforting presence and is really shocked that she feels like he would accept even her physical imperfections.

There were a lot of pages of conversation and bonding. Uma finds herself, Ivan remembers that it is possible for him to find love and the two develop a sweet emerging romance. It was really a great story of emotional triumph and that might be great for you. I just like a bit more action, grit and steam than I got. But this book is well written and conceived and might be perfect for you.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


2 comments :

  1. I just read this and I loved it. It's so funny how people can have such totally different reactions to a book. I didn't find it lacked action, but then again, in general, I read for emotions and for characters rather than action, so I probably wouldn't have noticed a lack of action the way you did. I was in the mood for an angsty, emotional read with characters that grew and changed and I found this book fit the bill perfectly. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Anders is a good author and you're not the only reader who reads for emotion. This really is a great book for the "feels."

      Delete