in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 13, 2017

ARC Review: Ashes to Fire by Emily B. Martin


I went absolutely crazy about this book! It's the second in Emily B. Martin's Woodwalker series. I have not yet read the first book, but I wasn't confused be not having read it. Martin did a great job of catching a new reader up. Though I will say now that I'm going to buy the first one to read very soon.

The female lead is Mora. She's queen of Lumen Lake and takes her role and responsibility very seriously. She is told that her territory is under attack. So she heads out to meet them with her allies from a neighboring kingdom. Turns out it was a false alarm and they are not under attack. But Mona and her fellow queen and friend, Mae, decide to go on a diplomatic mission to meet with their enemies' King.

And thus Mona begins quite an adventure. She meets a lot of unique characters who really made the story come alive. I felt like I couldn't predict anything happening in this book. Emily Martin really kept the reader guessing. The sparking romance was so very sweet, and yet you could never fully trust it. 

A huge reason this book was so amazing for me was two other aspects. Poi and steel mills. My brother learned how to spin Poi, and I felt like I was watching him spin every time it was described. I work at a steel mill, so I loved having that little connection with the story. 

Like I mentioned before, I am going to be buying and reading the first book in this series soon. I also highly anticipate the third book if Emily B. Martin is writing another. Loved this book!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment