Shana Galen is the bestselling author of fast-paced adventurous Regency historicals. She taught English at the middle and high school level off and on for eleven years. Most of those years were spent working in Houston’s inner city. Now she writes full-time. She lives in Houston, Texas.
Places to find Shana:
Five Fun Facts about Love and Let Spy
First of all, thank you Ramblings From This Chick, for having me back again. It’s always a pleasure to stop by. I’m a little sad that the Lord and Lady Spy series is ending. The entire series really is one of my favorites. It’s been so much fun to write that I looked forward to starting each new book. I won’t say I’ll never write another book in the series, but for now Love and Let Spy, is the last. And I’ve saved the best for last! When I started the series, I knew all the books would be based on modern spy films, and I could hardly tackle spy films without including James Bond. I saved my nod to the Bond films for last and I had a lot of fun with all the Bond tropes. The first fun facts are about those.
1. Almost every Bond film includes the characters of Miss Moneypenny, Q, and M. I wanted them in my book too. But since my Bond is Jane Bonde, I made Miss Moneypenny a Mr. Moneypence. He has a serious crush on Jane, and she’s completely oblivious. In Love and Let Spy, Q is Miss Qwillen. She’s Jane’s best friend and a weaponry designer. Her weapons aren’t always 100% reliable, though. Finally, I had M all along. The leader of the Barbican group through the series was Lord Melbourne. He’s the M in this novel, and he has a special relationship with Jane.
2. Here’s another fun fact about the secondary characters. I didn’t intend to write a secondary plot with Q and Moneypence. In fact, I was annoyed when I realized what was happening because it meant extra chapters. But if you like their story, they’ll be featured again in my Christmas novella, “The Spies Who Went Into the Cold” in the October anthology, Christmas in the Duke’s Arms.
Since this book is part of a series but also a stand-alone, I had to juggle bringing back characters from previous books and making sure readers who picked up this book weren’t left feeling as though they missed something. I did this by giving each of these characters their own stories too.
3. Adrian and Sophia make an appearance in this one, and they certainly make an impression on Jane and her hero Dominic Griffyn. Winn and Elinor play a role too. Of course, I couldn’t leave Blue out. He’s back to his old ways, even if he’s supposed to be retired.
4. We finally found out more about Lord Melbourne and where he came from. His wife, Lady Melbourne, plays a part too. And then there’s Lady Edgeberry, Dominic’s mother and a former actress. She may or may not have been paramours with Lord Melbourne at one time.
5. The last fun fact is about Barbican headquarters. I finally had the chance to explore the domain of the spies. There are some really fun rooms in the headquarters, including The Dungeon, Q’s laboratory, and the dormitories.
I hope you enjoy Love and Let Spy. All these fun facts should make you feel like an insider. Do you like to read books in a series? If so, do you read them as they become available to wait until the whole series is published?
Her name is Bonde, Jane Bonde…
A beautiful and eligible member of the ton, Jane has more than a few secrets: she’s one of the Crown’s most elite agents. She may be deadly, but she doesn’t know a thing about fashion, flirtation, or love…until Dominic Griffyn shakes up her carefully stirred world and asks her to be his bride. He’s exactly the kind of man she’s not looking for. And he’s dangerous, because falling into his arms is so much more satisfying than saving England from her enemies.
He’s an improper gentleman who needs a wife…
Talk, dark, and tortured, Dominic Griffyn is haunted by demons from his past. When his stepfather insists that he marry, Dominic allows himself to hope that the beautiful but mysterious Miss Bonde might help him forget his troubles. As they grow closer, it’s clear that there’s more to Jane than danger. She might be just what his neglected heart needs.
Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Kobo | iTunes |
Check out the Lord and Lady Spy series:
Check out what's up for grabs.
Up For Grabs:
- 1 copy of Love and Let Spy
- Please answer Shana's question: Do you like to read books in a series? If so, do you read them as they become available to wait until the whole series is published?
- US/Canada shipping ONLY.
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Shana Galen & Sourcebooks for sponsoring this giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway