in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

ARC Review: Risking It All by J.M. Stewart


Risking It All is the first book in J.M. Stewart's Morgan family series. This contemporary romance is the first story that I have ever read by J.M. Stewart, and there were a lot of things that I really enjoyed about this story. I did have a few things that I didn't personally care for, but for the most part this story was a really good one.

Kyle Morgan and Cecelia Anton have been best friends for most of their lives. They have always turned to one another no matter what. But over the past 6 months, things have been changing between them and there has been a growing distance between the two of them. Kyle realized years ago that he was in love with Cecelia, but he has never said anything to her. Not only does he feel that she sees them as just friends, but Kyle harbors a secret about Ceci that could ruin everything if she ever found out. But when Ceci shows up in the middle of the night needing Kyle to comfort her, things quickly begin to change for them. Now Kyle and Ceci must figure out how to navigate their new circumstances, and see if the growing attraction and feelings between them is something worth pursuing. But with a secret still between them and Ceci's unknown past, will the ever have a shot at anything more than friendship? Or will everything between them be destroyed when the truth comes out?

I loved Kyle. He was sweet and kind, and was always looking out for Ceci. He was so protective of her and I loved how dedicated to her he was. He made some really hard decisions regarding her and their relationship, and I loved that he was always trying to do what he thought was best for her regardless of what that meant for him. He was so supportive and was an absolute rock for Ceci even when it practically killed him. Ceci on the other hand was hard for me to really ever like. She was a runner for one, always afraid to tell him how she felt and accept that things between them were changing. She was paranoid and insecure, constantly assuming the worst. They hadn't even tried to have a relationship, and she was already so sure that it would end in the future. I just wanted to shake her and tell her to see the great guy right under her nose. I thought that these two had a ton of chemistry, and they had a great foundation as friends. But the process of Ceci fighting herself and her feelings before finally realizing what she could have had all along was a long a frustrating one as a reader.

Overall, this book was good and if not for Ceci I really think that this one would have been great. Ceci really drug this story down though, and I couldn't stop getting irritated with her. Kyle was the one that really saved this story, and if not for him I don't think that I would have been able to finish. He was great as were his family members. I really can't wait to get more of them, and I am so interested in seeing what is happening between Becca and Jackson. I need more of that story. I thought that J.M. Stewart did a great job with the tension between Kyle and Ceci in this one and I liked her writing style a lot. I think that is what made Ceci's actions so frustrating to me, because I could see how clear it was that they belonged together and how great they were with one another. I would say that this one is worth the read for Kyle alone, and I am curious to see more from J.M. Stewart and this series.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment