in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 14, 2014

ARC Review: Worth Forgiving by Vi Keeland


I have loved this series since the beginning, and Vi Keeland has shown that she is great with sexy MMA fighters. I was really intrigued by this book though because the hero was so different than what we have come to expect in this series. I can honestly say that I absolutely loved Jax though, and he was by far the best part of this book. Seriously he was so perfect, and he is definitely one of my all time favorite book boyfriends after reading this story. I will say though that while I loved Jax, the heroine gave me some issues. I didn't connect with her at all and she drove me nuts for pretty much the whole book.

Lily St. Claire is the daughter of the famous MMA fighter "The Saint". After his death, she has been running his chain of gyms with his business partner who is as close to her as family. When he decides that it is time to retire, they bring in Jackson "Jax" Knight to help them find investors to take over his portion of the business as a silent partner so that Lily can continue to run the gyms. Lily has learned her lesson on dating someone that she works with after a horrible breakup with her ex, but when she meets Jax she feels torn about her rule. Jax and Lily have an instant attraction to one another, and their connection only seems to grow the more that they get to know one another. Jax is so much more than just a businessman though, and she finds it increasingly hard to stay away from him as she watches him train and fight in her gym. Lily and Jax finally give in to their feelings and begin to explore the connection between them, but Lily's ex isn't about to let her go without a fight.

I loved Jax. Seriously he was amazing. Sexy and confident, fun and playful. I loved how protective he was too. He was such a great guy, and I loved that he was patient and didn't rush Lily. He wanted her and was determined to have her, and he knew just how much to push or back off when needed. He was understanding and sweet, and was so much more than his facade showed. I really loved that he might come off as a rich senator's son with an ivy league education, but he was also content to just be with Lily and didn't need to throw his money around. He had given up his dream of being an MMA fighter because of his loyalty to his dad, and it was really sad that his father didn't deserve it. But I was glad that he never gave it up completely and would still pursue it as a hobby even if it wasn't his career. Lily was hard for me to ever connect with and I really had a tough time liking her. At first I thought that she was going to be easy to like, but as the story continued it just got worse for me. She really needed to take a firm stance with her ex Caden and lay it all out for him. I realize that she had felt some guilt because he helped her out when she was suffering from the loss of her father, but that didn't explain why she gave him hope rather than just being honest with him. He was a total psycho, but honestly she should have been able to have that conversation with him. I kept waiting for her to finally come into her own, but unfortunately she never really did. I wanted her to stand up for herself and put Caden in his place for herself and also for her relationship with Jax. But she never did and I lost patience with her by the time it was over. I thought that Lily and Jax had a lot of chemistry and he was great with the dirty talk. I just wish that I could have liked Lily more and felt like she really deserved to be with him.

Overall I have loved this series and while I loved Jax, this was my least favorite book in the series. I am sad that this is the last book and that it finished this way. I really think that this book is worth the read despite Lily and Caden for Jax alone. He is worth the read trust me, and he will have you swooning just like I did. I can honestly say that his character will stick with me because he really was the all around package. While I loved Nico and Vince, I really think that Jax was my favorite of the three. It was great to see Vince and Jax get to know one another in this book, and I really liked how things turned out for them. They had both been put in this completely awkward situation, but I loved that they chose to turn it into a positive and that they came out gaining a strong relationship as brothers. I think that fans of this series will really love Jax and that they will like this book. You do not have to have read the previous books in this series to read Worth Forgiving, but I would recommend it because they are great books and you really get to see how the characters are all interconnected. I can't wait to see what Vi Keeland does next.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





1 comments :

  1. I hear you. Sometimes even a semi-weak heroine makes a book a little less enjoyable. Even so, I'm still going to read the book because I just love the series =D

    ReplyDelete