in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Review: Four Weddings and a Fiasco: The Wedding Date by Katy Regnery

The Wedding Date is a standalone short story from Katy Regnery using the characters from Lucy Kevin's (Bella Andre) Four Weddings and a Fiasco series. I had never read the Four Weddings and a Fiasco series or anything by Katy Regnery before, but I had no problems getting into this story. It was short and sweet and a really cute read. When Jasmine Turner heads to her half sister's wedding, she is worried that not only will she be younger than most of the guests but that she will be alone and not know anyone there. Jasmine's sister Anne asks Robert Callahan to look after her and make sure that she has a good time. Jasmine and Robert immediately hit it off, and after much convincing Robert gets Jasmine to agree to go on a date with him. But despite how well things are going, when Jasmine finds out that Anne had something to do with them meeting she begins to question Robert's feelings for her. Can Robert convince her that he is worth taking a chance on?

Robert was really easy to like. He was sweet and kind, and also fun and playful. He was laid back and easy to root for. I loved how he made Jasmine feel comfortable right away, and I thought that they were really cute together right from the start. I loved that he gave her the nickname Mina and that he was able to get her to see herself differently. She was left with a lot of insecurities and trust issues because of her father, and Robert helped her to see that she was beautiful and that she deserved a chance at happiness. I liked how he let her see that love is worth taking the risk and that sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. Jasmine was used to feeling like she was unwanted and that she was not worthy because of her body type as well as being a product of her father cheating on his wife with her mother. Because of the circumstances of her birth she found it hard to trust, but I liked that Robert was different for her. I thought that they had great chemistry right from the start, and that they also had some common interests. They just clicked right away, and it was great to see them open to the possibility of something between them.

I do feel like their relationship happened very quickly, but it felt believable to me. I liked that they weren't declaring their love for one another or rushing things, but that they still ended on a happy and hopeful note. I think that this was a great short story and Katy Regnery did a really fantastic job of taking a few pages and giving the reader a realistic and believable couple. I often times have problems with novellas and short stories just feeling too rushed for me to ever be happy with them, but I think that this one was done really well and was able to pull it off. If you are looking for a sweet and short read that will leave you happy and satisfied, I would definitely recommend checking this novella out. I think that fans of the Four Weddings and a Fiasco series will really enjoy this one, and after reading it I can't wait to go and read that series. I look forward to reading Lucy Kevin's books as well as more from Katy Regnery in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Amazon Publishing**

Purchase: | Amazon |





0 comments :

Post a Comment