in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 11, 2014

ARC Review: Loving You Always by Kennedy Ryan


Loving You Always is the second book in Kennedy Ryan's Bennetts series, and is the continuing story of Kerris and Walsh. This book is not a standalone, and should only be read if you have read When You Are Mine. If you haven't read these books yet, I highly recommend them. They are written so well, and are impossible to put down. The characters are real, and I love that they are all flawed but beautiful. I have been waiting for this book ever since I finished the first one, and I was not disappointed at all. Kennedy Ryan delivered everything that I had hoped for, and I loved getting to know these characters even better.

Love You Always picks up where we left off in When You Are Mine, with Kerris pregnant and trying to make her relationship work with Cam. As they both struggle to put the past behind them and move forward, Walsh struggles to stay away from everything that he lost. He throws himself into business and continuing to repair the relationship with his father. Although Kerris appears to finally be getting everything that she ever dreamed of, the family she dreamed of having no longer seems like enough. The man of her dreams isn't hers, and her relationship with Cam continues to fall apart with each passing day. But when tragedy strikes Kerris, Cam and Walsh are all forced to face the feelings that they have all tried to avoid and must decide what they will do moving forward.

I really struggled to like Cam in this book. I didn't exactly love him in the first book, but I also felt badly for him. In this book though, I can honestly say that I didn't feel badly for him at all. He suffered so much over the course of his life, and the events of this book definitely didn't help. But he was so selfish and honestly only seemed to care about himself. I understand that he felt betrayed, but he was a real jerk in this story and I just couldn't ever get behind the way he was acting. Towards the end of the story, I felt like he was finally starting to turn things around though, and I finally had some hope that he will be able to redeem himself in the future. I loved Kerris and Walsh though. These two have been meant to be from the very start, and it was hard to watch them go through everything that they did. Walsh was patient and kind, and so understanding. I thought that he was loving, and I was so glad that he seized the moment when he finally could. Life is short, and I loved that he wanted to spend every single second of his life and future with Kerris. Kerris was great as well. She was strong even through her vulnerable moments, and I loved how well she really knew herself. She knew what she needed to do to make things right for herself and her future, and she went out and did it. She asked for help when needed, and was always offering to help others as well. Kerris and Walsh were a long time coming, and I loved every second of their journey both together and apart.

Overall, I thought that this was a great second installment. I loved getting to know the characters better, and also getting to meet a few new ones. I think that this series is one that pretty much everyone can find something to relate to, and it really shows how messy life can get. Sometimes love doesn't always work out the way we plan, and it takes second chances and some heartbreak along the way to get it right. I think that Kennedy Ryan really captures that with her stories, and she can really convey the hope and faith that we should all have in true love. I am really looking forward to the next book, and I am hoping that Cam is able to redeem himself and also heal. He deserves to be happy after everything that he has been through, and I can't wait to see how his journey continues on from her. I think that Jo is just the woman to help him be the man he can be, and I am excited to see them together.

**ARC Provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment