in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 10, 2014

ARC Review: Stirring Up Trouble by Kimberly Kincaid


Stirring Up Trouble is the third book in the Pine Mountain series by Kimberly Kincaid. These books can be read as standalones though with no problem understanding anything. I thought that this book was cute and enjoyable, and I liked the characters. Kimberly Kincaid is a great writer and I really enjoyed her style.

When Sloane Russo's editor tells her that her newest story isn't what they are looking for, she suggests that Sloane write a book featuring a Greek hero. Wanting to head to Greece in order to do research, Sloane starts looking for ways to make money so she can pay for the trip. When her friend's employee needs help caring for his 13 year old sister, Sloane reluctantly agrees to temporarily babysit and tutor her to make some money. The attraction between Gavin and Sloane is instant, but they get off on the wrong foot. Even though they see things differently, the chemistry between them is strong and they find it hard to fight. Can these two opposites find love together, or will they be too different for a chance at a relationship?

I liked both Sloane and Gavin, and I really loved that they were so different from one another. They were complete opposites with Sloane being more open and adventurous and Gavin being more collected and a little uptight. Gavin was pretty strict and tended to be stuck in his ways, so it was great seeing him loosen up a bit with Sloane. I thought that these two were really good for one another because of their differences, and I think that they really were able to bring out sides of each other that they didn't know they had before. Sloane was fun and I liked that she had done so many different things and traveled. She was different that most heroines I have read, and I found her refreshing. But I really liked her approach with Gavin's sister Bree, and I thought that it was great how she didn't treat her as though she was dumb or a child. Gavin and Sloane had a lot of chemistry, and I really enjoyed seeing them skirt around their attraction before finally giving in.

Overall, this was a cute contemporary read. There wasn't a lot new here as far as story went and it was predictable. But I still enjoyed it and thought that it was a really good story. It had some slow moments, and that was the main reason for a four star rating instead of five. But if you are looking for a well written and enjoyable contemporary read, I would recommend giving this one a chance. I look forward to reading more from Kimberly Kincaid in the future.

**ARC Provided by Kensington Publishing**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





1 comments :

  1. Oh cool! I love a good opposites attract romance. Sounds like something lighter to sprinkle between some of my more heavy drama reads.

    ReplyDelete