LORI WILDE is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 70 works of romantic fiction. She is a two-time RITA award nominee, a four time Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice nominee and has won numerous other awards. She earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Texas Christian University and holds a certificate in nursing forensics. An animal lover, Lori is owned by several pets, and lives in Texas with her husband, Bill.
Places to find Lori:
DECK THE HALLS WITH HOLIDAY ROMANCE
I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to write a Christmas book a year for the last several years. Not only is it my favorite time of year, but also Christmas books sell very well. What is it about the holidays that make romance at that time of year so special? Why do readers love these stories so much? Why do writers so enjoy writing them? I have a few thoughts.
1) Family. Yes, they can sometimes drive you crazy, but there is nothing like family coming together—laughing, bickering, gift-giving, gathering for meals, teasing. When we’re dating someone, seeing them interact with their family tells us who they are. Readers love to see family dynamics play out on the page and the holidays heighten that experience. Homecoming is popular holiday theme for a reason.
2) Food. What other time of year do we get a free pass to indulge in cookies, cakes, and pies? Those flavors that epitomize the holidays—peppermint, gingerbread men, eggnog. Yum. And for those of us who can’t indulge in real life, when we read, we get to vicariously enjoy the bounty of the season.
3) Festivals. Carriage rides and caroling. Tree decorating and Christmas pageants. Festivals represent the community at large. In books, holiday festivals serve as the backdrop for the story, enriching the tale with community activities and quirky secondary characters.
4) Love. Watching the hero and heroine fall in love during the magic of the holidays intensifies those deep emotions. Set during a time when people in general are kinder, gentler, and more forgiving, the readers can more readily feel the unfolding love story.
What about you? Why do you enjoy holiday romances?
It's Christmas in Twilight, Texas. The Cookie Club is baking, the town is decorated, and Delta Force Operator "Hutch" Hutchinson has finally, reluctantly, returned home . . .
. . . only to get pepper sprayed by the delicious- looking stranger who's taken over his house. She says her name is Jane, and she immediately sets down ground rules. Top priority: no touching. For Hutch that isn't easy—he was wounded in action, but one part is still working very well.
Then Hutch learns the truth. Jane harbors a frightening secret—she's really Meredith Sommers, on the run from a dangerous ex-husband and desperately in need of the safety Hutch can provide. In that moment, he vows he'd do anything in his power to protect her. And as Christmas approaches, they discover that their love can conquer the past and overcome any obstacle—but what price will they pay?
Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Kobo | iTunes |
Check out the Twilight, Texas series:
Check out what's up for grabs.
- 1 $25 Gift Card (Choice of Book Seller)
- What about you? Why do you enjoy holiday romances?
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Lori Wilde & Tasty Books for sponsoring this tour-wide giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway