in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 1, 2014

ARC Review: A Beautiful Purpose by Alicia Rae


A Beautiful Purpose is the sixth book in Alicia Rae's Beautiful Series, but can easily be read as a standalone. I would recommend starting at the beginning though as the books are fantastic and you don't want to miss a single thing about these characters! I have loved these books since the start, and the characters in this series are some of my all time favorites. I was really intrigued by this book because up until this point, Blake has only been mentioned a few times and we really didn't know much about him. I really enjoyed his story, and it was great getting to know him better.

Blake Johnson has been serving his country as a Marine for the last eight years. But after everything that he has seen and done, he is finally back home for some time off until he decides what to do next. When he meets Audrey Hampton through his brothers and their friends, he is instantly drawn to her. Audrey is closed off though and doesn't allow others in, even her longtime friends. But Blake is determined to get through her tough shell and won't give up easily. The more time they spend together, the more their feelings grow. But Audrey is convinced that she will never fall in love or get married after what her parents have put her through for so many years. But can Blake show Audrey that love is worth taking a chance on?

I really liked Blake. He was sweet and kind, loyal and genuine. He was a soldier through and through, and felt that his purpose was to help others and serve his country. I loved how dedicated he was, even when he struggled with what direction his life should take next. He was exactly what Audrey needed, and I was glad that he didn't give up easily. He fought for what he wanted, and he showed Audrey that he was always there for her. Audrey was sweet and loyal as well. She dropped everything in her life in order to help her parents, even when they didn't deserve it. She put up with so much from them and never asked for anything but love in return. I felt so bad for everything that she had been through, and I was so glad that she had Blake to lean on. It was great to see him show her how to have fun and want things for herself for once.

Blake and Audrey were really cute together, and I loved seeing these two get to know one another. They had a lot of chemistry together, and I thought that they were perfect for one another. This series is so great, and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed each story in this series. Alicia Rae always delivers a well written story filled with real and believable characters that are easy to relate to and that you enjoy rooting for. A Beautiful Purpose was no exception, and I honestly can't wait to read more from her in the future. I highly recommend the Beautiful series if you haven't already read these books, and I think they offer something for everyone.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment