in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review: Wanted by You by Steph Nuss


Wanted by You is the first book in the Love in the City series by Steph Nuss. Each book in this series is about a different couple and they can be read as standalones with interconnected characters. I really enjoyed reading this book, and I loved the characters. I can't wait to get more in this series and see the rest of the characters get their HEAs.

Carter and Ellyson met in college in New York and though they both had feelings for one another nothing ever happened between them. They were best friends until Carter had to return home to Texas to help out his family. Though they tried to keep in touch, the years and distance got in their way. But when Carter returns to their college as a professor after years away, he wonders if there is a chance to reconnect with Elly after all their time apart. When they run into each other by chance, Elly and Carter both realize that they don't want to waste any time and decide to see where things go between them. Can they turn their friendship into something more, or will the time and distance away have changed them too much?

I really loved Carter. He was sweet and loyal, always putting others ahead of himself. He returned home to help his family even though he didn't want to and they treated him horribly. He was open and honest, and I found him really refreshing as a hero. He wasn't a manwhore, and he didn't have commitment issues. He was able to tell Elly exactly what he wanted and where he saw their relationship going. I loved him so much and he was just a great guy. Elly was really easy to like as well. She was smart and funny, and she wasn't whiny. She did have a few issues and insecurities though because of losing her mom at a young age. She let the fear of going through the same thing affect her life more than she should have, but I could understand where her worries came from. But Elly and Carter were perfect together, and I loved that Carter was always there to remind Elly of the connection they shared and that he would be there beside her through everything. They made each other better, and I thought that they had so much chemistry together.

Overall, this was a great book. I really enjoyed Carter and Elly's story, and I loved seeing such a real and believable couple. These two didn't have a lot of drama and it was really nice to just focus on these two characters that clearly belonged together without having a ton of stuff happen to them. I thought that their story was sweet and they were really cute with one another. I loved the secondary characters as much Carter and Elly, and I really enjoyed the camaraderie between them. I can't wait to see more of them as the series continues, and I will definitely be reading more from Steph Nuss in the future. I will say that the ending of this book felt a bit abrupt to me and I wish we had been given a bit more since it seemed to just stop. But I am hoping that we will get more of these two as the series continues. I think that this is a great book for readers looking for a light and easy read with a happy ending and not a lot of drama. This book was just one of those feel good stories that you can lose yourself in, and it was just what I was looking for.

**Review Copy Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment