in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 29, 2015

Review: River of Dreams by Lynn Kurland


River of Dreams is the second book for Rùnach and Aisling, and the eighth book of the Nine Kingdom series. It begins with the two inside the library at Diarmailt with swords pointed at them. They are both trying to find answers to the mysteries that surround them. Unfortunately, they don’t get to spend too much time researching at the library because one of Rùnach’s bastard brothers arrives.

The pair ends up travelling from place to place looking for answers and running from evil mages. This pretty much sums up the entire book. Not much progresses with the plot because answers are not abundant. There weren’t a whole lot of exciting moments with this part of the trilogy. I can think of only three things in this book that made my adrenaline start pumping.

Aisling did get a lot more interesting mostly because she started developing a backbone. She has turned out to not be so delicate, though she does continue to faint a little too often. She’s also not willing to let herself fall for Rùnach since he is a prince and she just a simple weaver. She doesn’t think she is worthy of him. Oh how I wish she would just put her prejudice against herself aside!

I believe Rùnach would agree with me if he knew what Aisling was feeling. However, he somewhat starts to believe she just isn’t interested. He ends up discovering that he has fallen in love with her, regardless of her seeming lack of interest. He even decides to take up her quest because of this love. He ends up acting a little jealous and protective, which I always find flattering and endearing for men. He continues to be charming and chivalrous as ever.

The book did end on an exciting note, so I am eager to continue the adventure. I know some of the most nail biting scenes are soon to come. The romance again is PG, which I love! If the story wasn’t so slow, I probably would have given it a higher rating, but it did drag a little too much for my taste.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment