in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 25, 2015

ARC Review: Beat by Vi Keeland


I absolutely love Vi Keeland's stories, and I knew that I was going to love this book before I ever read it. Beat is a standalone sequel to Throb, which is where we first meet Flynn Beckham. You do not need to have read that book first, but I would highly recommend starting there because it's a great story and because you get to meet Flynn. I loved Flynn before and I didn't think it was possible to love him more, but Vi Keeland proved me wrong and he only got better in Beat. 

Growing up, Lucky had Dylan Ryder's poster on her bedroom wall. Now ten years later, she is his girlfriend. Dating a rockstar was every girl's dream, and yet Lucky knew that she wanted more. When she meets Flynn Beckham sparks instantly fly and she finds herself drawn to him in a way she never has been with Dylan. But things get complicated when Lucky finds out that Flynn's band is the new opening act for her rockstar boyfriend's tour. What happens when Flynn and Lucky continue to grow closer and it gets harder to fight the connection and chemistry they are feeling? 

I absolutely loved Flynn. I had loved him in Throb, but I knew that he wasn't meant for Kate. I had really hoped that we would get his story, and I was so happy to get to know him better in Beat. He was never right for Kate, because he was perfect for Lucky! Flynn was even more of a nice guy than I had ever realized, and I absolutely adored him with his niece Laney. Flynn would have done absolutely anything for her, and it was clear that he loved her so much. He was a great role model for her, and I liked seeing that he had a soft side. He was sexy and charming, and I really enjoyed seeing how confident he was that he would win Lucky. Lucky was easy to like, and I loved how normal she was. She had famous parents and could have had such a different life, and yet she was nice and down to earth. She was fun and it was easy to see why she would have such a strong connection with Flynn. These two just understood one another, and they connected on every level. The chemistry and attraction was there from the beginning, but it was the connection that they were building that really made these two so special. 

Overall, another winner from Vi Keeland and I am seriously convinced that she could write absolutely anything and I would read it. I love her characters and her stories, and I am always captivated right from the start. Beat is sexy and sweet, and I couldn't put it down. Flynn Beckham is one of the best heroes I have read in a long time, and I know that I am going to have a tough time getting over this book. I highly recommend Beat and Throb if you haven't read them, and if you aren't reading Vi Keeland you are seriously missing out! This book is definitely worth the read, and I am already anxious to see what Vi Keeland writes next.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment