in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 22, 2015

ARC Review: Zack by Sawyer Bennett


First, even though this book is part of a series it's a standalone. You can start reading right here. I haven't read any of the other books in the series (but I now own them and I intend to read them) and I had no problem reading this one.

Zack is the quintessential A-Hole book boyfriend and I honestly loved every minute of it. Zack recently lost his long time girlfriend and the mother of his son and is in need of a nanny. Enter Kate. Kate is a struggling student who has a gift with children, an ill fitting wardrobe and an enormous capacity to deal with a-holeishness. Kate becomes Zack's nanny and even though he is initially too grief stricken and obtuse to see through her too big clothes and nerdy exterior, he eventually realizes there is much more to Kate than meets the eye. A relationship develops between the two but it's fraught with the emotional devastation left behind by the loss of Zack's ex and Zack's guilt.

Throughout the book Kate is the heroine who is strong in her own right but also has to be patient enough to rebuild the man she wants. The thing that I like about this book is Kate's quirkiness and relentless hopefulness. Even though she puts up with a lot of Zack's BS, she doesn't appear weak for it. Instead the author is able to depict Kate as strong enough to put her own feelings to the side to help Zack heal.

I also love that Zack tries to fight his feelings for Kate. There is nothing more exhilarating than watching a man lose his battle to be numb. In the end Zack isn't really an a-hole, he's just a man who needs love. Aren't they all? Well, a good 82% anyway, but I digress. Oh did I mention the sex scenes are HOT? Well they are and that is just frosting on this very appealing cake.

I strongly recommend that you read this book.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the review. Great book!

      Delete
  2. I read the first book and loved it. I need to get busy and get caught up. Zack's story sounds pretty engaging.

    ReplyDelete